Manufacturers past their heyday

There are many companies that we all recall from years gone by that are gone. There are some companies that while still around, seem be be past their glory days. For instant, while Conrad Johnson is still around, they just don’t seem to be nearly as relevant as they used to be. Of course, my thought on CJ are purely subjective. And yet other companies seem to be as relevant today as they were 20 of more years ago. VPI perhaps? Definitely McIntosh. 

Who are the other former high flyers that seem to be operating on an altogether different level these days? 
128x128zavato
Yes, Linn is certainly NOT past its heyday.  I understand that they have recently completed facilities to bring all their manufacturing in-house.  My new Akurate system (hub, Exaktbox-i) and "old" AV-5140 speakers, now aktiv via the Exaktbox-i, sound about as good as I can imagine a system sounding.  I believe Linn is in the ascendant.
The reason conrad johnson fell off the radar is that they lost their founding members and when that happened they stopped advertising and stuck with their existing products for these reasons no one talks about them anymore it is a shame because they were and are a great company.
"Hey there. "Heyday" is all one word"

I disagree. Just this morning I woke up and the first thing I said was: "Hey Day!"