Paradigm or JL subwoofer

I am making changes to my 5.1.4 system. I use it for home theater and listening to music.
I have a Paradigm SW 1000 Prestige sub. It was suggested to me that if I am upgrading my system I should have two subs. I listened to two JL Fathom f112v2 subs. The sound was great. They would cost probably $9000. As I already have the Paradigm SW1000 sub, I am thinking of just adding another one for $3000 and saving $6000 that I could use for better electronics such as a Lumin T2 streamer. Would two Paradigm 12 inch subs be a major drop-off in sound quality compared to the JL's. Thanks

galleybob
Post removed 
@m-db Thanks for your post. If possible can you explain to me why the JL CR-1Crossover is critical. It costs $3000 which is a lot for my budget. I was told my Anthem 1120 has a crossover built in. If the JL Crossover is that important to my system I would consider.
My system is home theater, 5.1.4 but I am looking to change it to 7.2.2. I am definitely adding a second sub. I love watching Atmos movies with my system.  I am really looking to upgrade the sound of listening to music. I stream Qobuz, I am thinking of replacing my Bluesound Node 2i with the Lumin T2 which would be a huge expense. It's possible to buy the JL Crossover and not spend the money on the Lumin T2. I also stream via the Conrtol4 app with my Anthem 1120 and I think it works better than my Bluesound. Thanks
Hi Bob,
If possible can you explain to me why the JL CR-1Crossover is critical. It costs $3000 which is a lot for my budget.
The CR-1 crossover cost is based upon the audiophile grade components used in its construction. I'm not a home theatre guy but I don't think that an external crossover will work with your Anthem. Ideally you would connect your preamp outputs to the crossover inputs and the crossover outputs to your sub amps and main speaker amps inputs. I don't think this connection is possible with the Anthem. You will be fine using the crossover built into your Anthem. 
I would add another of your existing subwoofers instead of a complete overhaul save yourself a lot of time and money.
Several owners of JL audio that ive known had break down issues...Rel is the way to go.In theater Rel is as good with the newer HT line ,in 2 channel Rel blows JL away hands down.Resell id say they both are excellent .