Embrace The Joy Of Microphonic Equipment

Hi all,
Over the past couple of years I have been listening to a DIY - 4P1L Transformer Coupled Pre-Amp.

Kevin Carter of (K&K Audio) & Radu Tarta of (simplepleasuretubeamps) have both sold these pre-amps over the years.
The 4P1L when used in a transformer pre-amp application (4:1 stepdown) is still sensitive to being VERY microphonic. 

Plenty of ways to reduce & divert vibration but in the end I have come to the conclusion the microphonic nature of this valve subjectively enhances the SQ presentation. The music sounds more dynamic and more sensitive to music changes.

In a nutshell, I like this subjective presentation, goes against my traditional thinking but who cares, sometimes you are better off accepting the valves limitations and working with its natural advantage, Being a directly heated pentode (4P1L) it has a slightly more aggressive presentation and when used upstream of DHT's provide a nice harmonic combination. 

As with all things it's a balancing act, between pleasure & pain. 

Cheers Johno

johno520
'Ultimately there is no final final arbiter, how u consume, listen, interpret music is up to you.'  @johno520 +1.

'So many ways to season one's sounds and please one's aural palate.
                  What a great hobby!'  @rodman99999 +1
Truth.
Charles 

If I am recalling correctly, Dennis Fraker of Serious Stereo said the same thing—tubes that are a bit microphonic can sound better.  
Microphonic tubes do not make a product sound better.  Depending on the tubes and the design is what is needed to sound better.  DHT microphonic tubes like 26/226/326/ 101D typically sound better to my ears but you have to isolate them from vibration which is tricky but it can be done.

Happy Listening.
Agree with @bigkidz. I can attest to the organic beauty and transparent nature of the 101D if well implemented.  Superb sound quality as utilized in my  line stage. Isolation within the chassis was successfully achieved. 
Charles 
while i don’t see anything wrong with Baskin Robbins 31 flavors ( pick a distortion you like ) , it is not going to move us closer to accuracy to the input. It is the ear / brain after all, so truth is debatable….