Has anyone heard the modified TRL/Sony DVP-NS900V

I was viewing a previous thread on this forum regarding the TRL modified Sony DVP-NS900V SACD player, but it is now gone. Has anyone had experience with this Sony SACD player?

hifying
Paul Weitzel said that the TRL/Marantz SA-8001 is the best he's heard which I assume includes the TRL/Sony DVP-NS900V with the battery mod.

Anyone going to ask Paul to put a battery mod on the SA-8001?

I have the standard TRL/Sony-NS900V and just hooked up a CRL power cord from the wall to my outlet strip. I couldn't believe how much it improved the sound, especially the separation between instruments.
Thanks Lithojoe and Jebel for news about TRL's newest flagship. I really don't mind being a generation behind (that's what my kids say!) If anyone is getting rid of their battery powered TRL 900, I might be interested. Bob
Absolutely, the 900v is hard to beat and is a standard in the industry. Just be patient, and I'm sure one will present itself shortly. Unless they are sold within the network first. My limited understanding is no battery mod's on the 8001 in the near future. You can always shoot off an e-mail if necessary. Where is my buddy Tvad at lately ? Has anyone noticed how many threads he has responded or initiated. I believe it is approaching 1,500. Is that normal ? Some folks really can get a little carried away at times. What do you think ? Sure keeping the moderators busy for sure. If he is like me I would say a good 40% never make the site. Now where would that put him at 2,000 or so? Survey says ?
Time to go and get real busy with catching Tvad with his nice threads. Yeah man!
My 8001 is on the way to paul right now. Its my xmas present to myself. I have a question about burn in. I will be running it into an integrated tube amp, do I need to have the amp on to burn the cd player in or just have the interconnects connected? Lithojoe-- do you own the 8001 and do you care to tell me how good it is?
You do NOT need to have the amp on. Just spin a disc on repeat. If the 8001 mod is anything like the 900v, you are looking at a long roller coaster ride before break in is complete. Hang in there, it will be worth the wait. And if you need a PC, pick up one of the discontinued CRL Silvers here on the Gon.

Oz