Has anyone heard the modified TRL/Sony DVP-NS900V

I was viewing a previous thread on this forum regarding the TRL modified Sony DVP-NS900V SACD player, but it is now gone. Has anyone had experience with this Sony SACD player?

hifying

Showing 3 responses by lithojoe

This is a reference player without a doubt. As most have heard by now they had to drag the reviewers out of the room this player was being demonstrated at the CES show. If one decides to get the battery pack option, forget the number. Nothing on the planet currently can compete with this unit modded to the max. Take it for what it is worth!
Hi Bob: I haven't heard the battery 900v vs. the 8001. Although I can tell you that the TRL 8001 is the best I have heard to date. Also I beleive you may see some 900v battery's for sale in the near future. A lot of detail with tremendous solid bass and the warmth of the tube sound. It's all in all for sure.
Best regards and have a great holiday season !
Absolutely, the 900v is hard to beat and is a standard in the industry. Just be patient, and I'm sure one will present itself shortly. Unless they are sold within the network first. My limited understanding is no battery mod's on the 8001 in the near future. You can always shoot off an e-mail if necessary. Where is my buddy Tvad at lately ? Has anyone noticed how many threads he has responded or initiated. I believe it is approaching 1,500. Is that normal ? Some folks really can get a little carried away at times. What do you think ? Sure keeping the moderators busy for sure. If he is like me I would say a good 40% never make the site. Now where would that put him at 2,000 or so? Survey says ?
Time to go and get real busy with catching Tvad with his nice threads. Yeah man!