Vandersteen 2CE Vs. Von Schweikert VR-2100

I had previously posted a thread looking for $1000 or under speakers to pair with Sunfire 300x2 amp, Sunfire Theatre Grand II pre, with high qualty interconnects and speaker wire. Great posts, thanks. This is for a smaller room in an apartment and two channel only. Anyone have direct experience with these two? I can get the Vandersteens cheaper (due to pickup vs. shipping) and am unfamiliar with either speaker. I am also considering something from Ohm Walsh but not seeing anything for sale of interest. I listen to mostly jam band (dead, phish, sci, wsp) and alternative/rock stuff. Mostly good to great quality recordings. I need full sound with solid bass, not really cranking it up. Thanks.
walstib
"B limo, Which 2Ci do you have? If you have the soft dome tweeter they are very old speakers and there is a good chance they are not working properly. Imaging should not be an issue with Vandersteens unless your drivers are not matched."

I have to agree. I'm pretty sure that the 2Ci's were current in the 80's. Not to get off topic, but they can be upgraded. I think Vandersteen can turn them into Sig 1's, but not Sig 2's. Also, with regards to imaging, every component in the system is part of the equation. Its not always the speakers fault if the system doesn't image well. I have an old Rowland amp that I use on occasion. When I plug it into the system, I lose all sense of depth. Its completely flat. I have no idea why, either. Thats just the way it is.
I'm pretty sure they are the soft domes. They image okay, just not as precise as my paradigm studio's or my kef's. they are slightly more diffuse in there imaging. They work properly, to the best of my knowledge.
Vandersteen 2CE sigII are a very good all around speaker. I found them to be good with all types of music.
The Vandy 2 series is a natural, sonic match for that Sunfire power amp!

Happy Listening!
The search is on for some Vandy's. Hope to find some 2CE SIGs. Thanks for all the advice and comments.