Average Price Spent for Speakers

Everyone reading this, please respond if you will. What is the average price you spend on a pair of loudspeakers? What determines that expenditure amount? Earlier in your hobby life, what determined how much when you were a neophyte?
Also, for non audiophiles, if there are any reading this site, what do you spend, and what determines that amount?
In the absence of non audiophiles, everyone out there, what do your non audio friends spend for speakers (if they do buy)? Where do they shop? What is the determining factor in HOW much?
Thanks for your response.
Larry
lrsky
Around 2006, I was very dissatisfied with the B&W P-series speakers I had and sought advice, here. Someone suggested I buy a "like new" pair of Silverline SR 17.5's listed on the 'Gon and for some reason, I took his advice. I didn't even check on the color, before-hand.  (What was I thinking? Good thing I like piano black). I don't remember what I paid-- $2500, maybe? Could've been less. 

Now, I'd never buy gear at the drop of a hat, without having heard it first in my room. With the Silverlines, I was just very lucky-- my "listening room" is our livingroom and there's really only one possible location for speakers but the Silverlines work well enough, there. 

I've gone through a few upgrade cycles since 2006 and at this point, have 20-25K invested in the system. I'll probably move up to the Silverline Supremes that list for $7500 eventually, but I'm in no hurry. 

So, there you go -- no engineering background; no research; no demo. . . just luck. Another reason I can't seriously call myself an audiophile! 
Everyone reading this, please respond if you will. What is the average price you spend on a pair of loudspeakers?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I bought the Seas Thor kit back in 2004 @ $1700
Just months ago, I upgraded the xovers and new Millennium tweets at $1400. Salvaged 1/2 that upgrade.
I could never see paying more than say $2500, which i will spend ona  new speaker in late September. 
In 3 years when i sell my house, I will take some of that cash and buy a  $10k speaker. 
So yeah $2500 is my limit. Now.
I live in an apartment and my listening area is my living room, so cosmetic is a huge factor in speakers choice. If I live in a big house with my own dedicated music room, the story might be different.

Anything that is not cosmetically pleasing to me (very subjective of course) will not interest me at all. I bought my first pair of speakers while in high school in the late 70’s with my hard earned summer job money. I’m not the kind that buy and replace stuff all the time. Most purchases I’ve made are aimed for long term. I do the same for my cars. My current car is a Volvo from 2004.

I’ve only owned 4 pairs of speakers so far in my life time:

Pioneer speakers - purchased in 1978. Part of a $500 Pioneer system of receiver, turntable, and speakers.

Definitive Technology - purchased in 1991. Part of a 5 pieces HT set with center and surrounds at around $2000.

B&W CM7 - purchased in 2007. Around $1700.

B&W 804 D3 - purchased in 2020. Around $10000. This is the 3rd most expensive purchase I’ve ever made, after my home, and my car.

So my average is between $3000 and $4000.
I don’t know what the average is but my ratio is about 1/4 of the total system cost was spent on speakers.
A main variable might be using a digital front end or an analog one.
My analog front end is 1/2. Relatively, a quality digital front end could be less. (considering my front end at $60K)
~ 1999 - Acoustic Research 303 - $400
 - 2001 - Vienna Acoustics Haydn - $900
 - 2002 - Infinity Intermezzo 2.6 - $1,600
 - 2004 - B&W N804 - $3,000
 - 2006 - B&W N802 - $5,500
 ~ 2010 - Vienna Acoustics Bach Grand ($600 pair), Mozart Grand ($490 pair), Waltz Grand ($150) - picked up floor models cheap when Best Buy dropped the line.
 ~ 2010 - Thiel 2 2 - $1,000
 - 2012 - Thiel 3.7 - $7,000 (never getting rid of these)
 - 2014 - ATC SCM110 - $5,000

Many of these were trade ins, I traded my way up and rarely spent more than a few grand.  I got the ATCs because I'd always wanted a pair and they came up in a classified at a price I knew I'd never see again.