Different amplifier class for different music genres?

I was reading a review of the Gryphon Antileon Evo in another forum and one user was saying that in the High bias mode the amplifier was excellent for classical music but not so good for metal or hard rock, perhaps softening the transients. For metal or hard rock he preferred the Low bias mode and he suggested that the Gryphon Diablo will be more suitable for this type of music (of course one is a final amp, the other an integrated one).

So the question is: does the class of the amplifier matter or better suit the type of music you are listening to? 

I have never owned a class A amplifier and I am itching to try some. I am currently using Hypex based diy monos driving Vienna Acoustics Mahler speakers.

greg_f
greg_f OP1 Of course it could be that he was talking lots of rubbish...

No I believe something else was going on.
My friend has that same amp, top Total Dac feeding it direct and it’s more magnificent the more the Class-A is switched up, into his Wilson Alexia’s with all genre’s of music.
The only way the Antillion amp in high Class-A could sound too laid back with rock, is if the speakers were very laid back like I've heard with Sonus Faber Amati, they could be a problem with rock.

Cheers George
Ralph (Atmosphere) is correct.  An amplifier is designed to amplify the input signal with expected 100% accuracy.  It is designed to operate with a flat frequency response over the stated frequency range into a designed for load.

There are other criteria, such as input sensitivity, gain, input/output impedance, etc.  But that is it.  

Some amps are designed for specific loads or specific speakers.  Lots of speakers have  some sort of wave shaping circuitry in their crossovers to  compensate for the peaks/valleys in the speaker's response.  This is why buying an after market electronic crossover that wasn't specifically designed for that speaker may not be a good idea.  Because the specific wave shaping circuitry isn't present.

An  amp designed specifically for a certain speaker, may have that circuity internal to the amp.  But, this is very rare.

So, basically, the amp shouldn't care one lick  what the signal is as long as it is within the frequency range for that amp.  The amp's output is suppose to be flat.  Basically, the input signal amplified.  That is it. Doesn't matter the genre of music.

Of course, "tuning" an amp to sound a particular way is another matter. The designer is actually adding circuitry into the amp to force the amp to reproduce the signal in a matter different that just amplifying the input signal.  Some add way too much lower end response (bass) or mid range or high end boost.  But if you graph the signal/frequency response of that type of amp, you will see over the frequency range that it is most definitely not flat.  Basically, they cheated.

An amp's output should be as flat as possible over the expected frequency range.

Again, it doesn't matter what  type of music is being played.

enjoy
@minorl If your conclusion is correct then only amps like the Benchmark AHB2 should be used (I have 2 of them). However, I also have 3 others,

KRELL 
D-Sonic
CODA

that sound different with the same music. I wonder which one of those cheated?
However, I also have 3 others,

KRELL
D-Sonic
CODA

that sound different with the same music. I wonder which one of those cheated?
They probably sound different with different music too. Whatever coloration they have with one genre, it will be the same coloration with any other.