Vinyl guy seeking recommendation for a top level cd player

I know cds are dead.  Best time to buy a cd player, the way it looks.  I want an all in one box.  I don't stream so a separate DAC is not required.  Most of my cd collection have been ripped to a PC as Flac files and then down loaded to a Sony HAP-Z1ES.  Currently about 3000 Redbook and perhaps 100 SACDs.  The way cds are being dumped I figure on becoming a buyer again so these numbers will go up.  I have looked at Marantz SA10, Esoteric K1 (lightly used), and Luxman D-10X, so far.  It would be good if the sound could approach vinyl.  The Z1 does up to a point.  Listening this morning to the same recordings, the Z1 compares to a high end MM cartridge, but not to a SoundSmith Experion.  Maybe I am asking too much, but in any event a new cd player is being sought.  Thanks in advance for any advice.
Bill
billstevenson
I will report back once I take possession of the D10X and get some time with it.
Really looking forward to hearing your impressions.
I have just done what you were talking about... I had an arcam sacd player but on cd it always sounded far worse than vinyl.

I just bought a pro Ject rs2 cd box which is just a transport. This feeds a chord qutest dac and the result is amazing.... Easily as good as as vinyl like in enjoyability as my rega RP8 / apheta MC setup.

As I have a luxman amp I was tempted by a luxman player as well but cost was a bit more and I had the DAC already. If you can demo one I would recommend... I was lucky enough to have a home demo for 2 weeks although I knew on the first 2 songs this was perfect.... 5 further 4 hour sessions just cemented that thought... Made tidal masters and ripped flacs from my Nas sound thin in comparison (using same DAC)

It doesn't make sense but I like it.... 
I'm waiting for Luxman to release their D-07X SACD player.  The Esoteric models also have my interest but we shall see.