Vinyl guy seeking recommendation for a top level cd player

I know cds are dead.  Best time to buy a cd player, the way it looks.  I want an all in one box.  I don't stream so a separate DAC is not required.  Most of my cd collection have been ripped to a PC as Flac files and then down loaded to a Sony HAP-Z1ES.  Currently about 3000 Redbook and perhaps 100 SACDs.  The way cds are being dumped I figure on becoming a buyer again so these numbers will go up.  I have looked at Marantz SA10, Esoteric K1 (lightly used), and Luxman D-10X, so far.  It would be good if the sound could approach vinyl.  The Z1 does up to a point.  Listening this morning to the same recordings, the Z1 compares to a high end MM cartridge, but not to a SoundSmith Experion.  Maybe I am asking too much, but in any event a new cd player is being sought.  Thanks in advance for any advice.
Bill
billstevenson
Thanks again to one and all.  I will report back once I take possession of the D10X and get some time with it.  In the end I think it came down to a choice between the Ken Ishiwata (Marantz) voicing, which tends toward lush mids and highs and more forward, versus the Luxman more analytical and more distant perpective.  The Esoteric that was on offer was older, used, and I was afraid of it for that reason.  Other suggested brands in this discussion were not available to me.  I do have the right of return if necessary, but that is unlikely.

Bill
I will report back once I take possession of the D10X and get some time with it.
Really looking forward to hearing your impressions.
I have just done what you were talking about... I had an arcam sacd player but on cd it always sounded far worse than vinyl.

I just bought a pro Ject rs2 cd box which is just a transport. This feeds a chord qutest dac and the result is amazing.... Easily as good as as vinyl like in enjoyability as my rega RP8 / apheta MC setup.

As I have a luxman amp I was tempted by a luxman player as well but cost was a bit more and I had the DAC already. If you can demo one I would recommend... I was lucky enough to have a home demo for 2 weeks although I knew on the first 2 songs this was perfect.... 5 further 4 hour sessions just cemented that thought... Made tidal masters and ripped flacs from my Nas sound thin in comparison (using same DAC)

It doesn't make sense but I like it....