Am I going to regret the Gallo 3.1s?

I am not rich. I am college student that doesnt have a ton of money and love music. It all started years ago with AV123.com and the purchase of the Onix SP3/Reference 1 combo. Over the years, I have loved the combo but wanted to move into a more dynamic full range speaker... Years went by and as the Gallos came out, there was something about the design that just sucked me in, making me really want a pair. The problem was, they were just waaaay too expensive. Well, times have changed and I now have the money to finally get my hands on a pair for under 2k. My question is... is it too late? Are they outdated? Is there "something better" for the money now?
vedder323
I haven't heard the 3.1, but 3.5 and Stradas are remarkable regards soundstaging and imaging: mouth the right size, above the guitar, etc. (Recording dependant, of course.) Pretty magical, although it's an interesting question how that would wear long term. If that's what you're after, and the 3.1s are close to 3.5s, you might take a chance unheard.

By the way, on my audition, the 3.5 was appreciably better than Strada with subs, and not just deeper. Some discussion on 6moons, I think.

John

John
After thinking about it all weekend, im starting to wonder if I really should consider the Strada/T3 combo instead of the 3.1s. Seems to me that it would make more sense in my smaller room and using audiophileliquidator, it looks to be close to the same damn price...

Thoughts?
10' x 9' is far too small for any serious audio.

Sorry to have to say this - but good audio requires SPACE. The room is easily the most important component, and 10x9 is the equivalent of a busted tweeter and broken cabinet in rooms.

For anything better than marginal sound, a lot of square footage is required. 400+ square feet ideally, otherwise it will be a fight with the room. 200 sqft is the minimum that I would even attempt to work with, and then only with small monitors and maybe a small sub.

With 10 x 9 the room is going to make such an unrecognizable mess that it won't be worth the effort. Soundstaging and imaging will be junk, and your frequency response will be +/- 10DB all over.

You will be much more satisfied with a nice pair of headphones and a quality headphone amp.

When you get a bigger room, look into speakers.
I think the strada/sub combo is the way to go in your room if you're set on the gallos. I used to own 3.1's and the bass is tight and may play low, but the impact isn't there without the optional sub amp, IMHO. Sound stage is very wide though.

BTW, I was powering them with a wyred st500, so they were receiving plenty of power.

What about the new gallo Classico series?