Bin dug noisy records. Does it diminish your enjoyment?

I have some original pressed (or at least very old) LPs bought used at Half price books, and record stores, and not at Collector prices, as such there is on some a bit of popping and noise, and one or two that were just trash.
So I ask, when you pick up a $5 ish record that plays with some well earned noise but is playable, does that take away from your enjoyment knowing it is and old war horse?
rick458
@surmuz it’s shellac, not vinyl, they are mono and probably played to death with steel needles in the 40s. Those are made before RIAA was invented. It’s different technology.
So you need completely different needle to play those 78rpm today, and you can’t compare them even to old microgroove (stereo 33rpm) high fidelity LPs from the 60s for example.

ibmjunkman - I love my SAE 5000A too. I tend to only use it for vinyl that has a scratch as it does remove some high frequencies, eve when set at the optimal level. It's certainly better than the click, click, click on every revolution!
I don't play anything below a VG+. Surface noise is not my cup of tea. I've always cared for my albums since I was a kid. Dirty albums and high $$$ cartridges are a very poor match. It took me a long time to get to this level of equipment and I will not destroy it purposefully with dirty albums. And that is what you are doing to your inexpensive cartridge also. Anyone who thinks SN is a normal part or vinyl playback knows little about vinyl. Even with my inferior equipment I never had big issues because I always kept my hands off the grooves and put the records back in the sleeve after play.

We clean them.

Small bit dawn dish soap, peroxide. 
 Clean and vacuum w a powerful shopvac with the home made attachment piece with felt pads to protect the vinyl.

Works a treat!!

Does remove a lot of noise!!

love buying cheap records and cleaning them, gives me something to do. 
After I wash everything I will put a new stylus on the Nagaoka MP-110 for about $70. and I did buy a new Jim Croce to replace the old beat up one I got used. I do need to inspect them better at purchase. But still listening to an old album bought when it released and enjoyed through many playings, is kind of cool.