An Objective Review of the Tekton Double Impact Speakers

128x128philbarone
Post removed 
I have no particular interest in Tekton speakers -- I have Sonus faber & B&W speakers, and no reason to change, and find Tektons visually unappealing in any event.  But I'm posting because I think Mr. Barone should be commended for his frank evaluation of the Tektons, for two reasons.

First, he's apparently a professional musician with considerable experience, as well as an audio enthusiast.  This puts him in a better position to evaluate equipment than most forum members, because he has expertise re: how instruments should sound -- tone, timber, presence -- that most people, even experienced listeners, lack.  That doesn't mean he's authoritative -- but it does mean he has an extra degree of credibility in this area.

Second, he has posted an evaluation of the Tektons that is adverse to his own financial interest, since he's evidently trying to sell them.  In my view, this adds further weight to his evaluation.

This kind of honest, credible evaluation is part of what makes this forum valuable.
I have no skin in the game either. The only Tekton speaker I have ever owned or heard is the Pendragon, and I didn't keep them long.

I think his review is honest too. What's not honest is the description in his ad. I understand that most ads don't tell the whole truth about why an item is for sale. But if he's going to be frank in this forum about his Tekton experience, do the same in the ad copy. Now THAT would impress me the most.

I Try to have a listen before purchase. 
      Would like to hear some of these tekton speakers, and the huge array of tweeters producing some guitar riffs by megadeth, forbidden, y&t, onslaught, assassin, Kreator, etc.......PLUS, these accordion style surrounds and their ability to produce kick drum and double kick drum.

Until I can sit and listen to them, I will not make assumptions. 
   Saying their cheap is not fair, I still use a current (5-6 yr old) BIC Venturi dv-64 pair for some listening once in a while. They are as hollow as hollow can be, a wrap on them and it echoes, hahahah
   But, they sound very airy, and have such a nice treble (a bit bright for me, yes) it is very accurate, voices are produced extremely lively and smooth at low volumes. Which is why I taped a double layer of a cut cotton tshirt to the inside of the grill, it dampened the high volume treble. They are cheap speakers, but for I think it was on sale for 98$ each years back, what the heck, why not. 

I try to listen before I buy. Not ridicule stuff.

ONLY stuff I ridicule is what I have heard and dislike. But, I have made mistakes...
😁

First, for a few of you, "when you point a finger, three point back at you". A) Yes, I wanted to sell them and did what anyone else would have done knowing that one of the resident "experts" would like them.  Would you say they suck if you wanted to sell them? 

B) Am reaching an agreement with Tekton now to take them back and would like to take the ad down but don't know how.