An Objective Review of the Tekton Double Impact Speakers

128x128philbarone
What the OP is probably going to realize is that he will probably not get the $3,000 he is asking, more like $2,300 - $2,500. So it will most likely be a wash between selling and eating the shipping costs sending them back. Sending them back is a sure thing. Selling can be a PITA. Having guys show up to your house, listening to them, kicking the tires, sales falling through.  I hope I'm wrong for his sake. I do empathize as I purchased Tektons and Spatials and ended up sending them back. No more un-auditioned speaker buying for me. Probably didn't do himself any favors by trashing the same speakers he's trying to sell. 
The audio game is expensive no doubt, so here's a tip Op- buy nice tube amps in the heat of summer and list them in the fall. That's as close as you will come to profiting in audio, the rest is a gamble.  
Post removed 
I have no particular interest in Tekton speakers -- I have Sonus faber & B&W speakers, and no reason to change, and find Tektons visually unappealing in any event.  But I'm posting because I think Mr. Barone should be commended for his frank evaluation of the Tektons, for two reasons.

First, he's apparently a professional musician with considerable experience, as well as an audio enthusiast.  This puts him in a better position to evaluate equipment than most forum members, because he has expertise re: how instruments should sound -- tone, timber, presence -- that most people, even experienced listeners, lack.  That doesn't mean he's authoritative -- but it does mean he has an extra degree of credibility in this area.

Second, he has posted an evaluation of the Tektons that is adverse to his own financial interest, since he's evidently trying to sell them.  In my view, this adds further weight to his evaluation.

This kind of honest, credible evaluation is part of what makes this forum valuable.