Looking for a DAC under 2k

I'm using a Small Green Computer Optical Rendu to bring usb to a DAC.
Looking for a new DAC around 2k new or used.

Recently, I had a Border Patrol Se-i which sounded beautiful with a great soundstage and a relaxed sound. Unfortunately, dynamics and bass definition were weak.

Next up, I tried the ifi Pro iDSD. Detailed and clean, but lots and lots of settings to play with. Became noisy after a couple hours and eventually stopped putting out sound and went silent. Can't deal with that kind of poor quality, but really would have prefer a little warmer sound.

I borrowed my Chord Qutest from my headphone system. Very good with my tube headphone system, and not bad on the speaker system, but would like something a bit more analog sounding, like a Border Patrol with dynamic punch and clearly defined, not muddy bass.

TIA, for suggestions.

traudio
@whipsaw You’re doubling down on a dubious stereotype, and I’m being charitable with my language.
I was in China ten years ago inspecting a potential supplier's factory.

Arc furnace process with an overhead crane - dirt floor, no safety gear - hard hats or eye protection, and the quality process was not documented.

I realize electronics are not mutli thousand pound industrial products, but just be careful with what you are buying.

Not arguing with you at all.  I have no experience and know nothing about the current state of manufacturing in China... but I do know that a lot has happened there over the past 10.  A country with a plan.  I wish we had one in the States.
I recently got to an Ares II to see what all fuss is about with R2R. I own the Qutest and one significant area that Ares wins hands down as it's more continuous sounding like analog. Qutest is great digital. See the difference. Now I'm looking into Holo May or Aqua La Scala or even maybe Pontus II without breaking the bank!😃

BTW I haven't heard the older all in one chips like the TA1541 chip but I guess less resolution than descreet resistors but still can do the analog thing.