Is D for Dry? Class D...

Class D sounds dry and lifeless... thats all, carry on
128x128b_limo
My Marantz PM10 sounds pretty good compared to the Luxman I had before. The Luxman was a bit warmer, but the Marantz has a more powerful bass, bigger, deeper soundstage, more revealing.
@arctic

If you like the M1200s (and can afford $6K), Ric (EVS) says he can mod them up for you, but if you don't need big power Underwood HiFi might actually be FINALLY introducing the Voyager GaN amp or ...

FYI the have a 15 day return policy but buyer pays shipping both ways, which, due to size and weight is minimal

https://premium-audio.com/gan-audio-amplifiers.html  $699
I've owned in the past a large number of major name-brand top Class AB solid state amps and have heard and love many others as well as many great tube amps and Class A solid state. All the AB that I owned were big, expensive, heavy, wonderful sounding and I was one of those hardcore solid-state amp guys that swore I would never have digital amps of any kind.

Well they've come a long way and my speakers are highly powered internally for mid-bass, bass and sub-bass by some great next generation Class D amps. 

Furthermore, I've owned a Legacy i.V4 ULTRA amp since May of 2020 and am still shocked at how damned good it is and how those 100, 200+ amps costing many tens of thousands of dollars are no longer in my system as I'm really impressed by the power, dynamics, finesse, musicality and all other aspects of this next generation digital amp.

Very impressive amp regardless of what type of amplification it is.
Unless the amp has built-in DSP like many Pro Audio amps do, Class D amps aren't really digital. The power supply is sometimes referred to as digital as it comes from computer high speed switching power supply technology.
(correction to earlier post as it is no longer editable)

should say 100, 200+ pound amps.... I've corrected it here:

I've owned in the past a large number of major name-brand top Class AB solid state amps and have heard and love many others as well as many great tube amps and Class A solid state. All the AB that I owned were big, expensive, heavy, wonderful sounding and I was one of those hardcore solid-state amp guys that swore I would never have digital amps of any kind.

Well they've come a long way and my speakers are highly powered internally for mid-bass, bass and sub-bass by some great next generation Class D amps.

Furthermore, I've owned a Legacy i.V4 ULTRA amp since May of 2020 and am still shocked at how damned good it is and how those 100+, 200+ pound (weight) amps costing many tens of thousands of dollars are no longer in my system as I'm really impressed by the power, dynamics, finesse, musicality and all other aspects of this next generation digital amp.

Very impressive amp regardless of what type of amplification it is.