What do $2500 speaker cables sound like?

Sooo curious about this.  I now use cables costing about $200 and 20 yrs old.

dont want to throw out brands, but its well known.

what can someone expect?

jumia
"...Whatever happened to tone controls? That solves any problem you have..."

I haven't owned any equipment with tone controls since about 1972. Never needed to use tone controls but it doesn't mean I can't put the final tune on my system(s) by selecting the correct cable. 
@ghdprentice 
You mentioned that your cables get out of the way. In my opinion, boutique cables do not get out of the way of the music. Quite the opposite actually. They're doing something to give the listener the illusion of more this or that or less this or that.
The wire inside your amplifier and inside your speakers is NOT your boutique speaker cable. Remember that.

Just my opinion.
The whole notion of cables "getting out of the way"...or, having neutral or "no sound signature of their own" is ridiculous.

I’ve never heard my system without speaker cables or interconnects. Have you?

P.S. obviously there are wireless speakers...but this is about cable.
"...The wire inside your amplifier and inside your speakers is NOT your boutique speaker cable. Remember that..."

Sorry, you are wrong. Electronic equipment manufacturers and loudspeaker manufactures often promote the use of "boutique" cabling in their products. 
@russ69  Inside amplifiers and speakers, is there $5,000 Kimber?  $10,000 Purist? $20,000 Nordost? Is there big, huge, anaconda thickness cabling woven in specific geometries with specific shielding and silver plated copper wrapped in Teflon etc, etc, etc?

When you add those cables between an amplifier and a speaker you are also adding a certain signature of sound. Those cables are not getting out of the way of the music. More specifically, they are not getting out of the way of your amplifier or speakers as if they weren't there.