What do $2500 speaker cables sound like?

Sooo curious about this.  I now use cables costing about $200 and 20 yrs old.

dont want to throw out brands, but its well known.

what can someone expect?

jumia

Showing 5 responses by russ69

"...What do $2500 speaker cables sound like?..."

Cables are qualified by their sound qualities not their price. If you think $2500 is a lot of money for a cable you probably aren't going to buy it, so it's a moot point anyway. 
"...Whatever happened to tone controls? That solves any problem you have..."

I haven't owned any equipment with tone controls since about 1972. Never needed to use tone controls but it doesn't mean I can't put the final tune on my system(s) by selecting the correct cable. 
"...The wire inside your amplifier and inside your speakers is NOT your boutique speaker cable. Remember that..."

Sorry, you are wrong. Electronic equipment manufacturers and loudspeaker manufactures often promote the use of "boutique" cabling in their products. 
"...@russ69  Inside amplifiers and speakers, is there $5,000 Kimber?  ..."

As I said before many manufacturers have or offer Kimber or Cardas cable in their products. Is it 5000 dollar Kimber? I don't think so but it is "boutique" cabling. 
"...I am in the zip cord camp and clearly unenlightened..."

I can forgive the unwashed but try not to express your unenlightenment because it reeks of a person without the experience to comment on this topic. No offense, in the early years I was in that camp but now I am an experienced cable user and have formed more enlightened opinions, to use your words.