Diagonal Connection With Two Pairs Of Binding Posts

This is from the Chord website:

"As a general rule, the treble connections are usually reckoned to produce better sound quality than the bass connections. However, in many cases, we find that a diagonal connection produces the most musically coherent sound. To do this, connect the positive (+) speaker cable to the positive treble connection and the negative speaker cable (-) to the negative bass connection. So in effect, the cable is connected diagonally. This is quick, easy and fun to do and the results are easy to hear."

I decided to try this today on my Harbeth SHL5+ speakers. Previously, my cables were connected to the lower posts (LF).

I listened to very familiar music for a couple of hours and the change was significant and for the better. The high frequencies were clearer without being bright. The soundstage was wider and overall sound had more presence.

I was not aware that a diagonal connection was an option.

Has anyone tried this? What were the results?

I left the jumpers in place. Should they stay in place in a diagonal set up?

Would appreciate your thoughts/comments.

ericsch
my 2 cents -- its all b-s

though you can try it every which way -- all permutations -- and decide for yourself

pls come back let us know what you learned

btw - harbeth has been removing bi wiring posts from its newer speakers, that should tell you something...

have fun
Yes, only the SHL5’s have them. I don't think any of their speakers have had them for a very long time.
I had C7's 10+ years ago and they did had two posts. 
jj has it right and given the ever higher price of binding posts 2 pair is a waste of money.
Ok I'm a little thick so bare with me.

Two set of post with jumpers between them?

OR is the jumper removed between the binding post?

If it is I'd really like to see how that works.

I know it could if the other terminal had a toggle switch or a jumper for the other two binding post..

That would either double or half the impedance..

Leaving the jumper in and going diagonal? Better jumpers maybe, remove the bars if they have them, replace them with good ribbon jumpers..

That will change the sound.