Interesting thought

Was reading a post on older men only enjoying the hobby of hifi audio and had a thought. I think part of the reason may be younger people have little to no exposure to hi end audio. So my thought is what if it was introduced to a bar setting. I’m not talking an extreme 2 channel system but a bar that advertises a higher end music system. I’m thinking it may attract some younger men and may stimulate an interest in the products. 

I think with technology today a great sound system could be installed with room treatments to provide a pleasant audio experience. 
Maybe this will be the birth of the hifi bar. Interest if any bar owners have a comment.

Maybe with a nice choice of bourbon. 
schmitty1
hifi music and booze

i never ever considered that combination

i promise 🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞

but i have heard others say that by the third goblet of aged ruby porto the snr of any system improves substantially... i have not personally verified...
Dopey idea.
It would never work.
Maybe in an Amsterdam coffee shop...
My neighbor plays art fairs, coffee shops, libraries, parks and bars. The only place that no one listens is....   
you guessed it.

It seems to be a similar problem with golf. Everybody in the 90s ran around building golf courses and now a huge portion of them have failed. One of the funniest phone calls I ever got was from a guy who was the attorney for the land that a bunch of houses had for a golf course and they were going broke. The guy asked me if I could turn the golf course into a mountain bike park. I thought it was an awesome idea a lot of the homeowners weren’t so happy. It looks like that the greatest generation which they were very cool isn’t spreading around enough of the wealth to the grandkids to be able to afford to pay grounds fees and by balls and clubs. Now the whole industry is falling apart. I think audio is in a similar Situation. The young people love the staff but the best stuff is too expensive and they can’t afford it. Somethings Gotta give.
The younger generation today have no patience or interest in hi end or hobbies. I’m also into model railroading and the only people in the train stores are us older folks. 

Concerning live music, my wife and I used to attend concerts at PNC Art center in NJ. The younger crowd would be standing and bullshitting instead of actually listening while the older folks got into the music. 
Face it, most of the younger generation don’t care about quality music.
That is not true @ronrags my kids 3 of them have hobbies, dirt bikes, skateboarding, rock climbing,...All 3 are in their 20’s college graduates (one working on his PHD in ChemE) and all of them accomplished musicians.

One is into 2 channel audio and collects vinyl the other 2 are into extramarital sports.

Saying kids do not have hobbies is only your opinion as most do and they do not interest you.