2. If wireless router is needed, separate router for wifi
3. only streamer, NOTHING ELSE connected 
4. use LPS to feed router
5. use shortest possible quality cable to streamer
6. use Acoustic Revive RLT-1 filter on spare router or streamer port
7. wrap router and LPS in EMI/RFI shielding material
8. use EMO EN70-HD filter near streamer for ethernet connection
9. use quality shielded cable between router and internet access point

All of these will individually improve your streaming SQ, in aggregate the effect is significant
Enjoy the music
antigrunge2
@mikem

How are you going to add a balanced circuit or a simple filter as you say to your existing signal chain? Perhaps you missed my point of isolating noise? Your laptop for instance is passing 1’s and 0’s along with the ‘noise’ via USB to your DAC. You should be asking yourself, how can I isolate this noise?

If you don’t believe or think consumer grade laptops are inherently noisy then this discussion is pretty much a moot point. Your laptop may sound fine to you and that’s quite okay. Can the sound be improved, sure if you care enough and open to exploring the possibilities. How about a simple test by inserting a USB purifier and see if you hear any audible difference in SQ.
https://www.amazon.com/iPurifier3-Audio-Signal-Filter-White/dp/B07DLMZP5Y/ref=sr_1_1?crid=3CO2XRJP3Q...

The ENO filter in my scenario is filtering the noise from ethernet router and passing the 1’0 and 0’s to my streamer. It has made a profound audible difference in my signal chain and to my ears.
@arafiq,

unfortunately I am not familiar with your router. Assuming it‘s 5 or 12V DC though, you have a wide choice of LPSs. I have best experience with Kingrex but have also used $100 LPS on Alibaba with good results. The effect is best described as lower noise floor, less harshness in the treble and overall more air around individual instruments in a wider sound stage.

As to the switch: my experience has been that I got better results from the EMO filter than a standard switch. I cannot comment on ENO or Etherregen from personal experience. The Etherregen with its optical and 10m inputs sure looks intriguing, though
@lalitk
Why don’t they use ENO type filters in the DAC ? that’s my point.
We know the data is there intact.. why isn’t it cleaned up by the DAC? Do the DAC manufacturers not see it as a problem ?  I’ve used other means besides USB. Coax, toslink..  I found the unison USB on the Yggdrasil to sound the best.
I know laptops are noisy, etc..
@mikem

In a perfect world, your DAC should come installed with ENO type filter. Or your Internet provider should pre-install a noise filter in the junction box. Better yet, let’s ask your electric company to provide ultra-clean power to your house.

I can go on but I think you get the gist of what I’m trying to convey, right?
More to discover