Technics SL1000 MK3 (SP10 MK3) performance/value VS modern turntables?

I have a Technics SL1000 MK3 in beautiful condition and in it's lifetime has seen very little use.
I am ready to send it off for complete electronics restoration/upgrade, upgrade the speed control processor module and have the Krebs mods done.  Will cost about $2500.00 to have all this done.

I was wondering how this would compare to what is out there for modern turntables after all the work is done? 
Or, would I be better off selling it, and adding what I was going to spend for the upgrades to a new turntable?
I believe these should sell in untouched condition for at least $5K?  So that would put me in the $7.5K range for a modern table?

For tonearms, I already have:
New, unmounted Moerch DP8
Fidelity Research FR64S, in beautiful condition that I sent off to Ikeda/Japan and they re-wired (better silver wiring, I still have original wires) and completely tore it down and rebuilt/re-lubed.... it's just like a new FR64S.

I think this table would be hard to beat at the $7500.00 price point, but would appreciate others opinion.

Rick

128x128Ag insider logo xs@2xrich121
I’m using the TTM Monitor Mat, no complaints and is much better than the stock rubber (in either thickness). I’m curious to hear the difference l, however subtle, between my stainless mat and the Micro Seiki.

I recall seeing the TTM mat in your system pics @albertporter - what was your impression? And have you tried the Micro in comparison?

Thanks!
au_lait,
If you have the TTM Monitor Mat you have the best mat, at least in my opinion.   I've had many mats, including the ceramic Kenwood, Micro Seiki CU180 and the more rare Micro Seiki CU500.
Also had Funk Firm, Copper TT Weights platter mat, a glass mat with Teflon sheets on either side (cannot remember name but was from Japan).
I still have half a dozen clamps and weights to use with various mats.   The sound from the turntable pretty much mimics the mat material.  Meaning soft rubber mat or Vinyl mat like Funk Firm is slower and rounder.
A metal mat like Micro Seiki CU-180 is much more controled and the Micro Seiki CU 500 even more so.  

The TTM Monitor is the most controlled, fastest and lowest distortion, some LPs get suprisingly close to my master dubs.  Very low overshoot or smear, very quick but without artificial hardness.

The Micro Seiki would probably still be second choice if I could not find a TTM Monitor mat.  Be aware though, the original genuine Micro Seiki is the best of the "copper colored" mats because it's made from Gun Metal, not just copper. 

Last, if you use either Micro Seiki mat or the TTM Monitor mat the TTM damper with oil is by far the best.  This weight continues the sound of the mat deeper into the music. 

Second best record clamp is the discontinued TT Weights Copper/Brass version with damping and third would be the Pierre Lurne / Audiomeca record clamp.
I still have all these still and continue to retest from time to time.   I recently changed all my electronics so I will go back and see if my opinion will change with this new sound.