Phono Stage That's not Schiit

I purchased a Rega P3 with their EYL2 cart installed - a big step up from my previous TT. I also picked up a Schiit Mani phono stage - hoping it would suffice - but I now know it's the weak point in my set-up. This is running through a Krell S-550i and N804s. I'm ready to upgrade the phono stage and have been reading threads here, but a lot of what is recommended is at higher cost then what I spent on the P3/EYL2. I don't anticipate upgrading the TT in the near future, but  the cart - yes. I'm hoping to find a phono stage for >$1k than will bring out the best of what I have. The  Pro-Ject Tube Box DS2 is one I'm looking at. I would prefer a warmer sound since the Krell is already cool-ish for me. I could go higher than $1k, I'm just not sure my rig warrants it. any suggestions would be appreciated.

128x128steverrino
I agree with statements regarding price point where phono stages are concerned. So I would stress buying a used phono amp and suggest doing that before anything else. For whatever reason, analogue/vinyl equipment costs a lot.
I am very happy with a used Musical Surroundings Nova Phonomena.  I believe I got mine for about $600.  The rest of the chain is Soundsmith SMMC 1, Rogue Cronus Magnum II, and Ohm Walsh 4, so i’m not sure how resolving it is for minor phono stage differences in sound.
Try finding a used Gold Note PH10 you'll be very happy. It's very flexible and sonically wonderful IMO
Channel Islands PEQ-1 is exceptional in that price range, a couple hundred more gets you the optional power supply...

https://ciaudio.com/product/peq•1-mkii-mmmc-phono-preamplifier

Best,
-JP