Do you care about car audio?

I like nice cars and I appreciate the fact that I've been fortunate enough to lease and drive some very nice ones.  I would never drive a luxury car out of warranty, but that's not my point.  My point is, as much as I love audio, I never really had any urge to upgrade my car audio system.  Whatever came with the car was totally satisfactory to me.  Right now, my car came with a somewhat upgraded Meridian stereo, but it is not the full-blown surround/subwoofer deal.  It sounds fine and I've never wanted more than a standard decent car radio had to offer.  
Do you people have any enthusiasm for upgraded car audio as opposed to stock?  Then again, truth be told, I've never listened to the fancy car setups and I might be tempted if I thought it was that much more enjoyable.  Who knows. 
chayro
It’s important enough. The Podcasts and Audible books are enjoyed during commutes. The smart phone is hooked to a Teac headphone amp then to the car head unit. Sounds pretty good.
My Lexus came with a very good Harman Kardon system in it. I don’t think I can make it better. While it’s not in the same league as my home system, it’s very satisfying. I really enjoy streaming when I drive long distance. When I was younger, I probably would have taken it apart and try to tweak it, but now I don’t think I have the strength or the desire. It’s just good enough. 
I actually did upgrade my car stereo ones. Thirty years ago when my standard car stereo was stolen I decided to replace it with better Pioneer 5 disc CD changer and set of better rear speakers. At that time SQ upgrade was noticeable. Not sure if I would do something like that this days cause modern cars systems became extremely complicated and strict to any upgrades or changes. 
Put 20 years into making a living from car audio installations, 1970 to 1990.  When folks would ask to hear my car stereo system, had to explain to them it sat in my living room and not in a car.  High points, 1975 put a Kraco 8 track in a VW bug, 4 5 1/4 round speakers in doors and quarter panels and a 6x9 under the dash wired to both channels.  Sat in the back on the I-10 freeway in Phoenix and couldn't hear the road noise.  1979 mounted two 10 inch woofers under the seat of a Toyota pickup, very good bass.  Low points, refused to put any stereo in a Corvette.  Corvette owners wouldn't buy the factory kit to shield the distributor.  You could tune the engine via the stereo without the kit.  

I also have a Lexus with the Mark Levinson- sound only okay. Seems ML mostly known for their electronic components, not so much their speakers.  Upgrade to Morel speakers $6k Yow!