Wilson Audio Specialties Chronosonic XVX loudspeaker!! only $300,000.oo

What a bargain, still bet they sound great with the right amp up them, looking at that impedance/phase angle graph.
https://www.stereophile.com/images/421WXVXfig1.jpg

XVX is a very demanding load, with EPDR less than 1.1 ohms between 52Hz and 66Hz and between 197Hz and 287Hz, with minimum values of 0.91 ohms at 450Hz and 0.94 ohms at 3250Hz. The Chronosonic XVX should be used with amplifiers that don't have problems driving loads of 2 ohms and lower.

https://www.stereophile.com/content/wilson-audio-specialties-chronosonic-xvx-loudspeaker

Cheers George

128x128georgehifi
audioguy85794 posts05-01-2021 3:29amYou would have to have your head examined to spend that kind of money on ANY audio component, that is if you even HAD the money. You can buy a pretty nice house for 300k! Freakin’ ridiculous what they are asking for these and other speakers. Whereas as a home will most likely appreciate in value, these will lose 50% once you bring them home...stupid. lastly, they are hideous looking, unless you like your speakers to resemble an arcade video console. You might as well stick on a pac-man or centipede decal. Jeez, for 300k at least make them look good.
🤣It's clear from here that you just simply don't understand...lol.

BTW...that's sarcasm. We're in concert😉
Never especially understood the Wilson following - at least the current line.  Fabulous bass on many I get that, but nothing at all special about their silk dome. If you want a silk dome that badly, YG does some genuinely interesting things with their billetdome Wilson doesn't come close to achieving. The best Beryillium & Diamond tweeters need to be regarded as somehow inferior a well. The Ab Sound stated David Wison vastly preferred the Beryllium tweeters but could never make them work. No wonder, as their midrange is not anything like SOA & compared to anything ceramic......
I remember hearing a Watt/puppy 7 with a CJ integrated & then the Sasha 1 at a show with Nordost Odin cabling everywhere (it being a Nordost booth) with the very top Dagostino electronics & so on. The transparency of the 7 was so much better to virtually anyone who's heard both it was literally embarrassing. This was not the better midrange & tweeter they ended the series with either.  The higher-end silk dome tweeter they make is far better than their lower model but simply doesn't compare to the better tweeters out there. Cabinet materials are exemplary but any back-to-back comparison (7 & saha1 or other competitors out there) will show a massive gap in transparency. Which just doesn't matter to those who like the macho visual aesthetic vibe of the speaker visually & value dynamics above all else, with excellent imaging thrown in.  If you're looking for a ballsy Dynaudio alternative, they work, but the reviews do not repeat the "I'm hearing things I never heard before" refrain they kept repeating on the inferior, original chronosonic (compare to the XVX). They are incredibly heavy advertisers & I leave it to you to decide if that made any difference at all in swaying all such reviewer statements.
@john1   Uhmm, The Sasha 1 utilized the same Focal Tweet as the Watt Puppy 7...
How anyone could prefer that tweeter over the new Wilson silk dome is beyond me..
Yes, the YG Billetdome is very good, but IMO so are the new Wilson silk domes..unless you like ringing in the very HF's??
I agree with daveyf. Most of the exotic material tweeters I have heard were less than impressive. When Wilson changed from the awful tweeter they used for years I thought they sounded much better. Not only are few exotics to my taste but what you have to do with the crossover to tame the nasties is often impedes the overall performance. You can add Thiel to the list of unlistenable speakers for this reason.