What is an audiophile? Are you an audiophile?

I had been pondering this question since I have been involved in audio. Not sure what audiophile means. I went to a few fellow audio gurus get together events and although I had fun and liked the company, I felt out of place. In fact of the opinions and passion people here on Audiogon have, I do not have such strong attachments. So what is your take.... are you an audiophile? If you are, how do you know?
128x1282psyop
No. I have thought a lot about this, and I love music more than the gear. 
I want the best music presentation I can afford, both precision and dynamic range, it greatly enhances the listening experience. But when I compare my thoughts on the hardware with an audiophiles I see where I fall short of the pursuit of perfection they have towards their equipment.

My joy is finding the least expensive equipment that reproduces music to my satisfaction. I guess that makes me a cheap-ass audiophile. 
Russ69 you must be a genius.  You hit it on the head.  I really get turned off by arrogant jerks who think they know more than anyone on the planet who are quick to put someone down because they know they have a cheaper system.  To me these are not audiophiles but snobs who think they are better than others.  People have to start somewhere and not all people are rich.  They are hear because they hope one day they will be able to upgrade their system but in the meantime they want to learn.

I think an audiophile is someone who loves music and enjoys music reproduced on a nice system.  They not only love music but want to hear it sound better.  Perhaps we are putting our children through college and needed to put our dreams on the back burner until we finally can spend some money on ourselves.  In the meantime the learning is not only fascinating and at the same time fun.  That is what I call a hobby.  I am sure many of us get turned off when someone tries to be cute.  However, we all know these people are very insecure and unhappy people in general.  We can all spot them.  This group was created to share and to learn more about our passion and we need to respect one another.  Who likes a person who always has to be one up on you.
The name needs a good re-branding. Non-audiophiles can spot an audiophile a mile away. When members swat away the label, you know there's an identity crisis happening.