This forum is antiquated.

I'm a member of several forums. This site is ancient in it's ability to respond to member's posts, and is also extremely cumbersome to reply to specific member's posts, quotes, etc. What am I missing? For some posts that are so technologically subjective....the objective merits of this website and forums are so 1990s. Ancient technology. 

Thoughts? Discuss.
edgewound
I would have to agree, there should be a reply button to reply to a specific poster....instead you must do the above which is just plain dumb. Also, the fact that you cannot attach a photo to a post is stupid. Othereise, aside from the know it all-s it's OK. 
I have said the same a 1000 times.Look at the Roon or PS Audio site using the same software and it's great.
"We are talking Jurassic Park here"

A big old'un always beats a modern compact.

I disagree with the OP. Nothing wrong with this forum software and design. Slick forums and websites with the functionality referred to cost money which usually comes in the form of advertising, at least here I don’t get bombarded with advertising. I was a member of Stereo Net Australia (SNA) before I got banned. Check that web site out and be prepared to be bombarded with advertising, it’s everywhere. Most other forum websites are the same, annoying advertising everywhere. I don’t know how much it costs to run this site and forum, but i guess not cheap to maintain servers and secure site from cyber attacks, etc. At least here I get a daily email with popular discussions, a weekly email with promoted for sale gear and I haven’t been banned, yet! I find the forum and classifieds easy to navigate and use, sometimes the principles of KISS are best. Just enjoy and don’t think too much about next best, a bit like music and hifi gear, read and contribute with respect and interest and listen to the music, not the gear.
Everything is evolving. Use your time on earth to enjoy the things you love. Take the easy path, listen to music, look at art and drink some wine. 

Don't worry about what is best.