This forum is antiquated.

I'm a member of several forums. This site is ancient in it's ability to respond to member's posts, and is also extremely cumbersome to reply to specific member's posts, quotes, etc. What am I missing? For some posts that are so technologically subjective....the objective merits of this website and forums are so 1990s. Ancient technology. 

Thoughts? Discuss.
edgewound
Most of the Goners here peaked in the 90’s so the technology is age appropriate 
"...Ancient technology. Thoughts? Discuss..."

It is. Kind weird for a hi-tech forum.
Its true the forum technology has changed very little in the over 10 years I’ve been here. Surely because this is a site designed to sell things and let people talk just enough to help the sales.  Always keep in mind that this is a business site....the chat room is just a tool to support that.
OP, can you suggest a couple forums which cover audio which have the kind of functionality you’re looking for? I’m curious.
The forum that comes to mind... that I use anyway... with the most functionality is

www.TheGearPage.net
Yup ancient tech, I can PM George in AU at no expense to me or him get a reply (if he’s up) in less than a minute.

BUT the cut and past on other FREE sites works better.. LOL OK If you say so...

I need an auto solder, auto duster, auto auto program to make EVERYTHING thought command. Why does this sound like my A$$ is glued to the seat all day... Mercy you had to move your fingers more.. not asking you to make Persian Rugs...

Time to feed the chickens..