Will computer to DAC replace transports and cdp's?

From my limited reading it seems that a cd burned to a hard drive will be a bit for bit copy because of the software programs used to rip music files. A transport has to get it right the first time and feed the info to a dac. Wavelength audio has some interesting articles about computer based systems and have made a strong statement that a transport will never be able to compete with a hard drive>dac combo.

Anybody care to share their thoughts?
kublakhan
Better is what people are saying, though people are always saying one damn thing or another. The Empricial Audio website has some pretty explicit comparisons.
I compared my hard drive based system as transport with my CEC TL-51X as transport. I was using a Dodson 218 DAC and the Waveterminal U24. I found it difficult to relibaly tell them apart.
Are we talking about music from the hard drive or playing a CD in a computer cd player?? Either way, how can the engineering and materials of a computer match a high quality transport?????? I don't believe it.
Kublakhan, I'd be glad to share that imfo, I need a few more reports like Pardales'
This is getting interesting.