McIntosh

Does anyone know if McIntosh is shipping any amps. I ordered a pre-amp 2 months ago
128x128mcerutti
In my business, fleet truck sales, we have had to take extra caution on where we leave trucks. People are stealing catalytic converters for the platinum and rhodium and selling them for an average of 150.00 each. Some of these are as much as 4000.00 to replace because they destroy all connecting parts plus labor. They use cordless reciprocating saws and can be in and out in a few minutes, and in commercial areas they can make as much noise as they want. 
That said, look for cable prices to go up, as rhodium is common on connectors. 

To the OP, good luck on getting your new Mc Pre-amp, what unit did you order?
Ordered 3 amps and 2 surge protectors 9 weeks ago.  I was assured it was all in stock at McIntosh until I wired the money.  Then I heard it wasn't.  3 amps and 1 surge protector arrived one week ago.  I am still waiting for the other surge protector.   
FWIW, I had a disappointing experience with Mcintosh late last year.  My preamp was sent to the dealer, Audio Classics, for a simple repair that required a $10 set of output jacks.   Audio Classics was great, but they were unable to get this part from Mcintosh, which is a short drive from Audio Classics.  Mac wouldn't ship it, and they wouldn't allow Audio Classics to drive over and pick it up, which they tried.

I figured it was a stock issue, but they claimed to have the part in stock.  So, in the end, I called Mac's parts department, and ordered it myself.  It shipped to me in NJ, and I then shipped it up to Audio Classics, which was still waiting for the part from Mac when they received the one I shipped to them.  

Blame the virus?  Or just really disappointing dealer support from Mcintosh?

I still love my preamp, but the love for Mcintosh the company is a bit tarnished at this point.
I wouldn’t panic.  Ask your dealer to check up on it.  I know that several products are indeed on back order.  Just don’t have the staff to fill orders fast enough.  Some products literally have one or two people building them.

My MCT 500 CD Transport was ordered about six weeks ago, and they tell me that they hope to have shipping by the end of the month.

Despite stories, McIntosh has alway been upfront with me about their production issues.  Prices went up a couple years ago because of raw material costs.  Wouldn’t expect any other increases.  Try buying any appliances lately?  

It simply is a supply & demand issue from raw materials to production of products.  The 901 amp is basically made my a single lady that has been working there for some 3-4 decades.  I support her and their business model.  It’s worked for 75 years!
Last year I had my MA252 in an authorized McIntosh service center as my PCM display went out. It took many calls to find out what was going on, to end up finding that McIntosh was waiting on the part to come in from China as the part manufacturing place had closed due to Covid and were running long back orders. It took four months until the repair was completed. 
I then spoke to my dealer in regards to doing a trade up to a MA352 in which the dealer gave me a full trade value for my 252. When they ordered the 352 it was near the holidays so demand was high, and it ended up taking 6 weeks for my new 352 to come in. 
I am very happy with my trade and the MA352.