What’s your obstacles on the way of listening

Summer time is coming, birds are going crazy, saws and grass cutters are buzzing, hummers are knocking, leaves are rustle... what else is on the way of your listening? ... my best season of listening is Christmas time and fallowing couple of months. Looks like Arctic Circle geographically the best place for critical listening:)... lucky Alaskans and North Canadians :)
surfmuz
Preoccupation with the sound of my system.  You know....cable A vs cable B, fuse directionality, carbon fiber footer or metal cone?, “is it broken in yet?”, etc. 😱
I listen most early in the morning and later in the evening. Sometimes I'm washing/drying clothes in the laundry room across the hall at night, and that's distracting, but I try to avoid that usually.   
been at this since the early 80’s... but for a few years prior to covid i almost stopped listening to music at home, playing with the hifi rig... it just sat idle ...

work, community service, parenting, golf, cars, cycling, live sports and musical performances, socializing with friends, and maybe too much cable news...

for better or worse the covid shut-in brought me back whole hog into it... i am glad it did... listening to beautiful music, marveling at the performances and the sound (sometimes of performers who have passed, long ago or recently), it makes me happy, more positive, and more balanced, more at peace overall i think - don’t think i will let it fall by the wayside again