McIntosh

Does anyone know if McIntosh is shipping any amps. I ordered a pre-amp 2 months ago
128x128mcerutti
@mcerutti, A great question. Please call McIntosh directly and ask them. Or, if you ordered it from a retailer, please call your retailer and ask for the status of your McIntosh pre-amp order.
My dealer told me last week that if McIntosh does not have stock of the item you are looking for that it may take up to 1 year for McIntosh to build and deliver. 

Parts supply chain is to blame. Covid caused orders to go sky high as we all stayed home. That caused inventory to shrink. Manufactures have tried to build but are backlogged trying to get parts.

I know as I have electronics, furniture and appliances on order that are so far backordered I may never see them. Some stuff I have been waiting for 6 months. Still have a long ways to wait! 
In addition to the covid effect, there is a global micro-chip shortage and it is effecting all industries that require micro-chips.  Automobile, appliance, communication, technology and so on are all suffering from this. I spoke with a dealer and he indicated that TV’s, audio etc are all coming in very slow with a big backlog. Not a good time to buy, especially if you want a discount.

Oh I am sure that will be one of the ripples that follows. But everything else is as well, been to a lumberyard, grocery store, gas station etc lately?