preamp recommendation for bedroom set amp

Hi,

I am using a 20 watt art jota set amp in my bedroom system which uses a digital marantz 10N universal player via rca IC and reference 3a episode (efficient 92db) speakers.

while the art jota has volume control I think would get better sound still with a preamplifier. I would also like to have a remote and a headphone jack in the preamp.

can someone recommend a preamp for a set amp ideally with a remote and headphone jack but not required.

thanks

Michael
128x128karmapolice
I agree that linear tube audio seems like a good idea just did not know if it necessarily mated well with a set amp.....its on my short list ....just seeing if anyone has been down this road testing preamp with set amp.....the art preamp is far too pricey....
can someone recommend a preamp for a set amp
That’s silly.  Lots of pres will work with a SET amp.  What sound characteristics and improvements are you looking to achieve?  That’s the bottom line here. 

my amp has volume control but seems many believe that amp is better still not receiving source digital system direct so want to try a preamp between the marantz digital player and the amp (ideally tube (dont want to lose set amp sound signature) with remote and headphone jack))
@karmapolice,
I took my 300b SET (Coincident Frankenstein mono blocks) to a friend’s home to hear in his system. We used his LTA Micro Z OTL MZ2 (With linear power supply and 6SN7 tubes)  as the preamplifier. Absolutely zero issues and the pairing had very good sound quality. I can’t foresee any potential problems with your Art Audio Jota SET (Very nice amplifier BTW).
Charles
soix:

What experience do you have mating preamps to DH/SET amps?

I had difficulty finding one for an Audion Silver Night 300B DHT/SET in that all tried diminished the positive attributes of the amp with it's simple ALPS volume pot.

Diminished enough that they were a no-go.

Good DH/SET amps are special and can be easily screwed up with poor matings.

DeKay