Synergistic Research Galileo SX Power cord. (Opinions on sound quality appreciated).

Synergistic Research Galileo SX Power cord.
I know this cord is pricey, but can anyone share opinion or experience on the sound quality with this power cord?
I have owned in the past Synergistic Master Coupler (about 20 years ago) and the Apex.
It would be connected to a Lumin X1 into my Audioquest Niagara power conditioner.

I would appreciate experienced comments. Thank you.

ozzy
128x128ozzy
I did own a Purist Dominus for a while. It was just ok with the equipment I had at the time.

ozzy
I have a SR Galileo SX power cord. 

In my system power cords sometimes makes a difference, but sometimes not. I always test for sound quality and test with full measurements. Always eye opening.

Make sure you always test new cables. Use your ears. Good luck.

I also have an Analysis Plus Ultimate power cord, SR Euphoria power cord, SR Alive power cord and an SR Excite power cord to test with. All cords are setup approximately the same(5-6ft, 15amp iec).

I tried all cords in the following: McCormack DNA1 Deluxe amp, SimAudio Moon 390 preamp/DAC and an MSB Reference DAC.

For some reason no matter what cord I used on the amplifier it pretty much sounded exactly as it always had. I really heard very little difference with any of the cords on the amp. I am a little baffled as to why.

With the Moon 390 and the MSB DAC things are different:
SR Alive sounds very similar to the stock cords which hides details and blurs the soundstage. Not a lot of improvement over the stock cord.
SR Excite with shield activated(red bullet) sounded worse than the stock cord. Soundstage blurred worse. Edges of musicians were hard to define. Instruments were not natural. Everything sounded digital or hard edged. For some reason I could not make this configuration sound good.
SR Excite with no shield sounded way better. It is a pretty good cord with a good soundstage and the definition of separate musicians is pretty good. I would not activate the shield, but maybe it works for others.
SR Euphoria with shield activated(red bullet) is a great cord that really helps define all instruments and the players that are playing them. Sound is awesome. Dynamics are great. Bass is solid and well defined. Drummer is in the room.
SR Euphoria without shields still betters all of the cords listed above except it's shielded self. I would describe this cord with the same attributes as the shielded version above but the music is just a hair less dynamic.
SR Galileo SX is a outstanding power cord which flushes out details none of the other cords could produce. It was slightly better overall than the Euphoria. Dynamics were the best I have heard on this system. The presentation is completely natural with no digital glare with well recorded music.
Analysis Plus Ultimate power cord is the equal of the SR Euphoria without the built in filtering. Everything I said about the Euphoria applies to this power cord. 

I want to say that the SR Galileo SX & the SR Euphoria are both excellent cords that have the ability to filter other devices on a circuit. Another words you just plug in one of those SR cords in to an open plug and it reduces EMI/RFI in other connected devices. You do not have to have the IEC connected to a component for this effect. I found that both of these cords are built like a power conditioner. Amazing!

For the OP, I would say you cannot go wrong with SR Galileo SX cords. Please remember that they do seem to be device dependent. 

For anyone else looking at purchasing power cords, the AP Ultimate, SR Euphoria and the SR Galileo SX are all fantastic cords with very small differences in the way they sound. The AP Ultimate power cord would be my choice if starting over because it is cheaper/more cost effective for what you get.

The MSB DAC is Outstanding!

jasonbourne52- so do you take a custom hose with you when you go to add gasoline to your car? In the belief that it will improve gas mileage? That is exactly what the belief in an "improved" AC cord is: A DELUSION!

No one here does that. But you keep on using retard metaphors like that and we might just start to think you are dumb enough to try it.

I am gonna explain some things now, and in reading it if you think wow who is dumb enough not to know this stuff well the answer apparently is: YOU!

With gasoline the gas itself is the store of energy. Combined with air under pressure and ignited in the combustion chamber then and only then do chemical reactions generate the energy to move the car. It does not matter where the gas came from or how it was stored or delivered. All that matters is it is mixed with air and ignited. So please don’t try your garden hose trick, it will not work.

With electricity everything is completely different. Electrical energy is not created by some magical interactions within the component as you seem to think. Diode rectifiers convert AC to DC that is stored in storage caps. But these caps store only a very small amount, enough to run for only a short amount of time. That is not their true function. What they really do is smooth out rectifier diode ripple in order to serve as a stable source of pure power. So you see with electricity it is very much the case that the power is being used almost exactly the same as it is being delivered, and so the "hose" does matter, very much indeed.

Everyone here knows what I just said. They may not be able to explain it so clearly but they all know it. The fact you know so little about it, and assume everyone else here is equally ignorant, tells us more about you than anything else.

You have in a fairly short amount of time established yourself as a source of much inanity. You are doing this on the internet, connected to it same as all of us, so you are out of excuses. It is not easy learning to not be a dolt. But you could try. Please. For your own sake. Try.

That is all.
I hear all kind of dumbassshit from cable deniers and snake oil screechers who typically never try any power cords because likely their Salvation Army branded “gear” comes with a captive power cord, but this analogy surpasses all of them

jasonbourne52312 posts04-09-2021 11:08am@steakster : so do you take a custom hose with you when you go to add gasoline to your car? In the belief that it will improve gas mileage? That is exactly what the belief in an "improved" AC cord is: A DELUSION!