How much difference in Sound quality can be expected from different streamers?

I would appreciate very much in obtaining advice on the SQ from different Streamers. I am currently using a good quality vintage DAC (Altis Reference) connecting to Roku 4 (using its Tosslink out to a simple coaxial converter which connects to the coaxial “in” of the DAC). When comparing the SQ of the exact same artist/music through first  CD setup( CECTL0 connecting to the DAC) or second setup (Oppo 105 to DAC) vs ROKU 4 accessing Tidal Master level  at 48KHz, both CD systems provided better SQ with CECTLO the best. I was reading with interest on the forum (4/2/2021)  on DAC and found out that the SQ from different decent DAC does not appear to vary too much; the new DAC may offer connection convenience, but not necessarily SQ. More likely, different CD player or Transport can provide a more obvious difference in SQ than different DAC, like what I had experienced.  Thus I am very interested to seek advice from those who had experience in comparing different streamers. Can high end streamers when accessing Tidal Master level produce much better SQ than Roku 4 if connected to my DAC(at sampling rate of 48KHz)? If so, which ones would you recommend?

moses189
None, zero, nada!! There is no difference. A streamer does one thing, it "streams" a signal from ethernet or wifi....that is it. The dac is what takes that signal, turning digital to analog "digital-to-analog-converter". A freakin’ $159 Grace digital streaming radio with digital out connected to a decent dac sounds no different than a "mega buck" streamer. Don’t throw your money away....get a Grace, oh wait they are all sold out....
I have used a Bluesound Node 2i and the streamers in a NAD M10 and a NAD M33.  I don't hear a difference.  Connecting via Cat8 cable rather than WiFi didn't seem to make an audible difference either (but the cable connection solved the problem of not finding the streamer).  The DACs did make an audible difference: the DACs in the M10 and the M33 and the Topping E30 all sounded better than the Bluesound's internal DAC.  
I’ve had an Auralic Aries Mini, a Squeezebox, Allo USBridge, Allo Usbridge Signature, Lyngdorf TDAI 1120 and 3400 streaming amps and now use a Bricasti M5. They all sound different. I have no idea why Audioguy85 can’t hear any differences with different streamers.
The thing that has lifted streaming into a new level of performance for me, better than CD, is getting the Ethernet delivery stream sorted out right.
 Industry disclaimer: I make products that do this.
Hook a Node 2i up to an ethernet cable directly from your router.  Use an external DAC of your choice.  I did not want to spend the extra money on a CD player, let alone CDs that are hard to find.  Same goes with turntable.  I would like to try an ENO in my system.  It plugs in to the ethernet cable before the streamer.  I hear lots of good results from this.  Otherwise, I hear great detail, 3D sound state and a very pleasing sound.  I am not going to dream about the CD or LP sound being better.  If you choose to buy a nicer streamer, the price goes up in a hurry.
Roku is not for audio, or good audio, anyway.

Big difference in the way streamers sound. Maybe not all, but many.