Looking for my Final Pair!!

Been through the high end maelstrom for over 30 years and although I have enjoyed the ride, I desperately want to find speakers that exude dynamics, tone and presence.  I want to be transported to the Village Vanguard where The John Coltrane Quartet are performing any night I desire.  I want to feel the timbre of his sax 🎷. When I close my eyes I want to be enveloped by the atmosphere of the space and awash with the impact and emotion being expressed by the musicians.  I don’t want to hear what the engineers hear after they mix a recording...I want to be in the studio when the tracks are being laid down!  So far, Tannoy Heritage Arden have come to my attention, Klipsch Cornwall IV’s, JBL S4700’s or perhaps Spatial Audio X3’s?  Help
128x128dave_b
Dear @dave_b  : "   full bodied dynamic sound with low distortion.."

Low distortions? unfortunatelly way wrong your statement and that's why I post about because is wrong.

Btw and only for your learning ladder:

http://www.cco.caltech.edu/~boyk/spectra/spectra.htm

R.
You can say what you will about horns and compression drivers, and I know they aren't for everyone. But don't go spouting off about high levels of distortion with this tried and true design. If you want to diss a horn speaker you need to shake a different tree than that.

Oz
Dear @dave_b  This is a high-ligth of measured works made by Bruel&Kjeuer about sound/distortions. Unfortunatelly the ggraphics can't be seen here but the expert explanation speaks by it self:

"" Practical example s of Intermodulation Distortion (IMD) measurements Intermodulation distortion can also be used effectively to evaluate crossover designs. If a transducer is excited with a fixed low frequency test tone, for example near resonance to cause large diaphragm excursions, and another test tone that sweeps up in frequency, the resulting distortion will indicate both amplitude modulation distortion and Doppler frequency modulation distortion.
The Doppler phenomena in loudspeakers occurs when a high frequency source is shifted by a low frequency. Look at the IM distortion for the fullrange loudspeaker with its single driver trying to reproduce the entire frequency Fig. 21a Harmonic Distortion components are attenuated by filter networks while 3rd range (Fig. 22). There is a lot of 2nd order difference frequency components remain the same level as the excitation frequencies, order IM distortion. This is quite audi- fi andf2 (assuming 100% distortion) 12 ble in the midfrequency range. If a chamber music duet with a cello and a flute is played through a single driver, the driver might cause the high frequencies of the flute signal to be modulated by the low frequencies of the cello signal. ""

That CW woofer is just terrible even that you said " low distortions ".

R.

I'm sitting here listening to Buddy Miller on these nasty Cornwalls with a big grin on my face. I must be addicted to "distortions ".........