Do not buy any Sonus Faber used

Sumiko just announced that
"IN ADDITION, SUMIKO WILL NOT SUPPLY PARTS AND/OR SERVICE FOR ANY SONUS FABER PRODUCT WITHOUT PROOF OF PURCHASE FROM A SUMIKO AUTHORIZED DEALER IN NORTH AMERICA ".

What a curious statement . Can you imagine Volkswagen refusing to provide parts for their own cars, no matter where they were bought? I do hope other distributors will follow. It would surely drive the prices down considerably on Audiogon for used gear.
limono
Listen to Apdoc2004 - if in doubt, call Sumiko and ask. Most of what is on this thread is hearsay.
From Sumiko's website.

PROVIDE SERVICE FOR PRODUCT NOT PURCHASED FROM AN AUTHORIZED DEALER. PLEASE CONTACT SUMIKO IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS REGARDING A DEALER.
EBM,

I see you still have not received your prescription yet? What is taking so long???
Brf - that statement is under the Warranty section of the website. It basically says they will only honor the warranty if you purchase from an authorized dealer. Many companies will not provide warranty services for products not purchased from an authorized dealer. They also notes that the warranty is not transferable.

Once again, if in doubt, call them.
Sumiko SF will not honor warranty. I called the when I bought my Cremona Ms in Italy. Ok, I may be able to see rationale if buying from a non-authorized dealer, but buying from a SF approved authorized dealer overseas should be credit enough to honor warranty. Also, I truly believe all companies should warrant transferable warranties when buy used. Now, if it is a money issue, than allow the buyer of used equipment to purchase warranty at a minimal price. We buy used equipment all the time. That's my two cents.