Looking for my "last" CD transport

Hello everyone,

as I am unhappy with my CD transport which is connected to my Linnenberg Satie DAC, I am looking for my "final" CD transport to replace it.

There is a limited market for new ones but I am also interested to get a vintage one if it makes sense.

Any ideas, suggestions?
Thanks for your help,
BR
Peter
nepfotos
There are a myriad of choices-- but I haven't auditioned them, so you'd have to do that yourself.

No SACD:
Jays Audio CDT2-MK3 $2400
Denafrips Avatar N/A
Pro-Ject CD Box RS2 T $2999
Primare DD35 $2295
Primare DD15 $1495
Simaudio 260D $2300
Nuprime CDT-10 $1895
Nuprime CDT-8 $849

SACD:
Esoteric P-05X $10,000
PS Audio Perfectwave SACD Transport $6500
McIntosh MCT500 $5000
McIntosh MCT450 $4000

The PS Audio, McIntosh and Esoteric all have proprietary links between their transport and their own brand DAC that allows for pure DSD.

Used (SACD):PS Audio Directstream Memory Player $3000? (new $6000).  This player uses Oppo drives, so if it fails you are out of luck.  The new Perfectwave uses D&M (Denon & Marantz) drives, so if they fail, it can always be replaced.

As others mentioned-- Marantz has a transport, so does Cambridge Audio.

I looked at a bunch-- and have come to the conclusion that I won't be able to do any better than what will be arriving later this year:
Esoteric K-07XD, or the Esoteric K-05XD.

SACD players with phenomenal DACs.  K-07XD Probably around $7500, and the K-05XD $8500?  2-1-in.  Many digital inputs to use the internal DAC, including a USB.  That way I avoid having to buy both a transport and a DAC.  The transport is arguably one of the best in the world.  And the new "XD" versions of Esoteric players are at another level vs. earlier Esoteric players.  Read the reviews of the K-01XD and the K-03XD, which came out in late 2019.  Esoteric confirmed to me that a K-05XD and a K-07XD will be available by the end of this year.

I would recommend a CEC transport, 
they are reliable and very musical.
Vintage transport is not a good idea unless
you have no budget.

If you are not sensitive to the difference between the Red book performance you get with a DVD player or a pure red book transport. Get a DVD player and save the money. Otherwise get a Red Book only transport. I distribute and service CEC products in the US and Canada.
If you want to keep a certain distance from your music and you
prefer not to get too much involve. A DVD player is the best option.
I would get a high quality transport from an established maker like esoteric or accuphase or luxman they will serve you the best as well as a good vintage one as well from wadia or theta or esoteric or cec but you will have to watch out for belt issues with the old ones.