Looking for my Final Pair!!

Been through the high end maelstrom for over 30 years and although I have enjoyed the ride, I desperately want to find speakers that exude dynamics, tone and presence.  I want to be transported to the Village Vanguard where The John Coltrane Quartet are performing any night I desire.  I want to feel the timbre of his sax 🎷. When I close my eyes I want to be enveloped by the atmosphere of the space and awash with the impact and emotion being expressed by the musicians.  I don’t want to hear what the engineers hear after they mix a recording...I want to be in the studio when the tracks are being laid down!  So far, Tannoy Heritage Arden have come to my attention, Klipsch Cornwall IV’s, JBL S4700’s or perhaps Spatial Audio X3’s?  Help
128x128dave_b
Most likely 8 ohm. But you can try the 4 ohm tap and see which one you like, won't hurt anything.

Dear @dave_b  : ""  They say very little about how something sounds to a human! ""

Agree with your statement because that " how " is absolutely elusive and unique to each human been and I could think unmeasurable.

""  they fall off before 20khz.  Yeah, not missing anything ""

well, I think only organ, harp and brushes are at 20khz. But remember that one thing is the main intrument note and other its developed harmonics that's where MUSIC really belongs.

Harmonics of a 10khz note goes to 20khz and up. Of course you are missing more that that " anything " a lot more.

Things are that our brain is adaptative to any sound we listen and does not measures the frequency response of what we are hearing.

I remember that I enjoy a lot my Tandberg tunner in those old times where its frequency response by radio characteristic transmission waslimited : 30hz to 15khz and that's all. Even that I enjoyed a lot listening MUSIC.

@james633  : """  The whole talk of upper frequencies is comical. I am 40 and can’t hear anything above 15khz.  """

certainly it's not comical and not only for what I posted in this thread but something that I can see you did not read yet: human been hear through his ears, sking, hair and bones. So we in reality listen way beyond not 15khz but over 25khz. There are studies that proved that we can listen up to 40khz. and at the other extreme any one of us can listen frequencies as low of 12hz. We listen through all our body, our brain is an incredible and marvelous " machine " .

R.

FYI I owned speakers that went out to 45khz and beyond...if anything, the frequency balance was tipped up!  Most high end sane manufacturers roll off above 20khz.  Fun fact...most equipment cuts off at 20khz too 🥸