Class D for a Tube Lover

First, I'm sure this has been asked many times but searching the subject wasn't too helpful to me.

So apologies in advance.

I enjoy tubed electronics and class A amps, which tend to be a bit warm.  My current Cary 805s warm my small (12x16) music room even in the cool/cold of winter.  I've got other amps that don't produce much heat, but am looking for something that produces no heat.  Living in a home with no central AC the room gets uncomfortably hot during the summer months.

So...I'd like to try some Class D amps.  Stereo or mono is just fine.  And my speakers aren't difficult to drive so I don't need a thousand watts.  But if that thousand watt amp sounds great, I'm not adverse to that, either.

I'd like to keep the price under 2k used.  

Please help.

Thanks.

128x128audiodwebe
I would second the Classe Sigma Amp-2, they sound beautiful, but if you have low impedance speakers - ones that dip down to 1 to 2 ohms - I do not think it will have the bass control that some people are looking for.  After trying many amps, I went with AB Rowlands.  I moved the Classe to home theater to drive Klipsch - does a wonderful job there - smooth, warm.  I have a friend that has the Belcanto amp, says it was $5000 and hates it, not sure which one - he has it driving a set of outside speakers now.  My preference is tube on the front end, SS on the back.
I'd like to suggest you give one of the Digital Amplifier Company Cherry Amps a try.  They don't use a class d module purchased from a 3rd party, instead they have their own class d circuitry.  There are several versions, all with similar voicing and a few that are near or under the $2k mark...and the company often has specials.

I own the 2Cherry and would characterize it as having some of the better characteristics of tube+solid state.  There are a number of professional reviews...but maybe what the actual owner say might mean more.  Here are a couple of links that might be helpful.

UPDATED: 🍒 Maraschino, x-CHerry, and MEGAschino REVIEWS (audiocircle.com)

Digital Amplifier Company 2-CHerry Power Amplifier The light amp that packs a heavy punch! Review By Frank Garofalo (enjoythemusic.com)

Cherry Amp HOME PAGE | cherryamp

Tommy O’Brien Digital Amplifier Company (positive-feedback.com)
I've enjoyed the sound out of the NAD C286.  80 Watts per channel or you can run two of them in bridged mode at 300 Watts per channel. I've bought one and plan to add a second [for bridged mode] when the time is right. $899 each [new] and some retailers offer 60 day money back guarantee [so you can try it out]. Very clean noise free sound.
Buy an air conditioner! Or a fan sitting on a block of ice. Class d is like pushing needles in your ears after 1/2hour of listening. Yes they are popular for HT but brutal for two channel. I am not going to beat the dead horse on people having only one system for HT and music. It can’t be done!
Get a Class D with a tube input stage.  I would look seriously at a used Rogue Hydra.  You should be able to find it used for $1500 to $1800.  Then roll in a pair of NOS Cifte or Mullard long plates and be shocked at how much it sounds like a tube amp.  There are more expensive options from AVM and others but the Hydra is a tremendous value and fits your budget.  I have owned one for six years and it is an amp I will probably never sell.  It won't be exactly the same but is a reasonable facsimile. 

I am a dealer but have no affiliation with Rogue Audio.  Just a happy owner.