Cable Elevators

Just curious if anyone is using cable elevators and what changes they brought about. I have read there are benefits to having cables raised off the carpet.
moonguy
Great luck using stacks of $dollar bills. In the long run I may be saving 💰 of cash!
It's time to cut through the crap about whether things work or not. 

Remove the cable elevators from one side of the system. Listen. If the system does not sound imbalanced, and if the tonality, center image, etc. is correct, then you have proven that cable elevators are not efficacious, a waste of money. If you need reassurance, swap the baseline and tweaked channels. 

Also do this with power cords if you have mono amps. I suspect that with two different power cords you will notice a skewed effect in tonality, output, center image shift, etc. If so, you have proven that power cords make a difference. 

I suggest owners of fancy tweaks also check out those pizza box lifters! Put them on one side of the rig, and the fancy cable risers on the other. See if you notice any shift, skewing, tonally, dynamically, frequency extension, output, shifting of center image, etc. If it doesn't sound right, or that it has changed, then you have some evidence that the fancy risers are doing something. If it sounds the same, well... then you have a product that is not efficacious. 

Remember, if you have to strain, work at hearing a difference, then the product fails my Law of Efficacy, which demands that changes be immediately obvious. If you struggle to hear a difference, then the product is not worth using. Only use changes that cause dramatic, important, easily heard differences, or else you are wasting your time and money. Never accept a pissy change to a rig. There are many large improvements, usually found in the power and signal paths. 

I won't make a prediction, as I have not done this particular test with cable risers. Who knows; I could be surprised. I have, however, with power cords, and attest that this is an easy way to demonstrate the audible changes when different power cords are used. I plan on doing a comparison such as I have described with cable risers.  It would be a problem for the tweak sellers if the system performed properly. 

What of all the hand waving and big talk if the system does perform properly with such purportedly important tweaks removed? Then, you have discovered some of B.S. in this industry and community.  :) 
Rushton, I understand your dismay. It is the profound level of stupidity that induces such comments from people like myself. Cable elevators are a fashion statement. Nothing else. They are another example of lay instinct run amuck. The people who think they hear any difference are deluding themselves, every last one of them. 
Please visit my system page https://systems.audiogon.com/systems/8367

Please note the Cable Elevators used throughout.

Please read the comments from Deborah:
During the middle of one song (I had my eyes closed) ,Chuck took the cables off the Cable Elevators; I immediately heard the sound become distorted and muddy.

This is what happened: In the middle of one song I quietly went around the outside of the left speaker (so as not to interfere with the sound) and carefully one by one removed the cable elevators. Only got the first two on the left out before she heard the change and opened her eyes. This was a totally unexpected totally double blind test. Literally blind!

I’ve done this a bunch of times, always the same result. The effect is not subtle. Everyone always hears it. Everyone always prefers with cable elevators.

Look, I totally get there are guys who call themselves audiophiles who can’t hear a thing. Cripple kids play basketball, so why not? Also get there’s people just want to argue and complain. That’s life. Stubborn, cheap, know-it-all. The reasons run the gamut.

But please, if you don’t want to look a total fool, see if you can find one to dispute that isn’t so chock a block full of proof you do not know what you are talking about. Please.
The big ham fisted audiophile sitting in A first reflection point had no impact on the sound on the other hand.  The preponderance for lengthy speeches makes me wonder about the ability to be silent and not communicate actions. A