Class D for a Tube Lover

First, I'm sure this has been asked many times but searching the subject wasn't too helpful to me.

So apologies in advance.

I enjoy tubed electronics and class A amps, which tend to be a bit warm.  My current Cary 805s warm my small (12x16) music room even in the cool/cold of winter.  I've got other amps that don't produce much heat, but am looking for something that produces no heat.  Living in a home with no central AC the room gets uncomfortably hot during the summer months.

So...I'd like to try some Class D amps.  Stereo or mono is just fine.  And my speakers aren't difficult to drive so I don't need a thousand watts.  But if that thousand watt amp sounds great, I'm not adverse to that, either.

I'd like to keep the price under 2k used.  

Please help.

Thanks.

128x128audiodwebe
If you can wait, Ralph Karsten is close to completing his Class D amps.
If he can build tube amps that sound great, I have no doubts his Class D amps will be just as good.
Bob
I own a Pass Labs Aleph 30 (30 watts, Class A) that is exceptional. And, it’s also an exceptional space heater. On a whim I recently purchased a PS Audio Stellar S300 amplifier for the sole purpose of trying Class D amplification. After about 100 hours of use I can say that the amplifier generates little to no heat and so far I’m feeling like I gave up little from a performance perspective. Insert all of the audio descriptors here…

In addition, not that it is necessarily a priority (for you), but PS Audio has a generous trade-in program and the direct purchase process was excellent. Zero affiliation, just passing on a very positive experience.

Class D sounds good but is good good enough? If your a critical listener most of what is out there is not going to make you happy. Paul of PS Audio has several videos about class D and he said more than once that he likes the sound of his AB amps over his class D amps, use this to give you an idea of what you might experience.

I have heard class D that is outstanding but it is not in your budget.

My best advice is do not buy until you hear.