Victory at Sea - original LPs Vs Remastered LP or CD

One frequently hears excerpts of these stirring symphonic works on public radio and I have always thought of picking up a copy, either LP or CD.  Reading the reviews on Amazon is largely worthless as one reviewer will give 5 stars and the next 1 star for recording quality with little in-depth comment as to why.  If you own these works I would be interested in hearing your recommendations.  One question I have is I assume these are all monophonic recordings, is that correct. 

It has been my experience that the monophonic RCA recordings from this era were quite good, often as good as the remastered versions on certain labels.  So my thought is I do not want to spend a wad-o-cash if the originals are reasonably close to any remastered versions. 
lubachl
This is something best seen and heard on DVD .

US now has less than 10% of industrial power it had then and every American should see how this DVD makes it clear as clear can be better than anything you will ever see or hear.

Thank you 1 % .

Schubert, I bet you were one of those officers who forced me to watch "Victory At Sea".

While I had no choice in whether or not I watched Victory At Sea, I actually enjoyed it; it certainly beat a lot of other duties.
Since I never got past E-8 I doubt it .

The film/ DVD is Iconic in American  Film  History  , no joke when I say 
every American should see it . They should !

DVD is not expensive .

I definitely agree Schubert.

In addition to fighting a war, men had to go through many other hardships that are not mentioned.

My uncle had a nervous breakdown in Burma because of the snakes. There was a snake that is now extinct, called a "Bamboo Python" that looked exactly like a bamboo pole. My uncle saw a bamboo pole on his bunk, he picked it up to throw it away, and the thing bit him. That sent him over the edge. That last snake was one snake too many.

True , your are right O-10 .

Equally you see the people at home working 24/7  on the DVD to get out tens of thousands of planes , tanks , ships and weapons of every kind . Detroit was the hub
and now is nothing .

Every American man should see , and not forget, the Heroic part of the
US women in the factories, who were as important as a man in combat.

Indeed many women worked harder and longer than many men in the service !