Looking for my Final Pair!!

Been through the high end maelstrom for over 30 years and although I have enjoyed the ride, I desperately want to find speakers that exude dynamics, tone and presence.  I want to be transported to the Village Vanguard where The John Coltrane Quartet are performing any night I desire.  I want to feel the timbre of his sax 🎷. When I close my eyes I want to be enveloped by the atmosphere of the space and awash with the impact and emotion being expressed by the musicians.  I don’t want to hear what the engineers hear after they mix a recording...I want to be in the studio when the tracks are being laid down!  So far, Tannoy Heritage Arden have come to my attention, Klipsch Cornwall IV’s, JBL S4700’s or perhaps Spatial Audio X3’s?  Help
128x128dave_b
Dear @roxy54 and friends : I own over 7K+ LPs and between them almost all digital old Telarc recordings and yes not all are very good but the majority are and between the good ones there are some excellent recordings as the 1812 and not only because those great cannon shots but along that the sound of the triangle or tambourine and in the score that part with the carrillon reproduction is just sublime where if you have the level of room/system you can be aware of each one of those " hundreds " bells sound tone differences. With recordings as Telarc good ones we are immersed in the MUSIC as never before.

Again, if we own the rigth room/system that Telarc 1812 is a true reference and test for any system.
Certainly and with out any doubt the Cronwall IV or " VI " can’t honor that truly high reference kind of MUSIC LP no matters what.

Years ago a gentleman that lived in Argentina send me an Agon message that he was in Mexico city for a week and that he wanted that both of us meets at my place to talk and know a new audiophile. Well that was very good time and very good listening sessions.
Suddenly he asked by the 1812 score and I took my Telarc LP and we started to listen it at real live event SPL and before the LP finished I look to his face and this gentlemans was crying ( believe or not. ), when the LP finished he told me: Raul you make it because I listened several times live and in audio systems this score and never feels as today.
I had a first hand experience with me, there is one score with Montserrat Caballe lovely voice ( for say the least ) that always makes me tears goes out from my eyes. Yes, this is the MUSIC power and it's all about.

Problem with almost all of you is that seems to me that never had that kind of first hand experiences and if you don’t have it then and with all respect: why don’t you have that kind of system quality when you are music lovers and experienced audiophiles?, yes that AHEE impedes you to have it, pity try to broken those AHEE chains. You can do if you start thinking " out of the box " to up-grade or up-date your room/system actions.

One gentleman posted that my statements were a folly and this is a prove of a very low knowledge levels in this specific distortions developed subject.

Roxy, when I was looking to buy my subs not only make with first hand experiences several tests with several manufacturer subwoofers and made a research through the internet looking for some critical information and I talked with those manufacturers.

Guess what? no single subwoofer manufacturer has disclosed the THD in their subs specs models and no one could told me that THD figure in its subs but Velodyne.

Velodyne was and is a great sub design and the spec about is really low: 0.5% ( THD ). Velodyne achieved by design sensing around 16K times each second the woofer excursions to avoid a higher than 0.5% on THD.

JL Audio measured ( I think in a Stereophile review. ) 5.6% and big Rel 6.3% ( I can’t remember whom made the measurements. ).

Now, those 0.5% or 5.6% on THD are achieved with a woofer designed specific for a really short bass frequency range along a dedicated amplifier to fulfill the subs needs and even that the THD is not really low but Velodyne.

Any of your passive speakers, including the Cornwall , that THD figure in those woofers handling a wider frequency range and with a non-dedicated amplifier the distortion is at over 15%-20% and that’s what almost all of you are accustom to and I was accustomed till I understand the whole critical issue down there and fixed.
Some one says here that those numbers on THD 15%-20% are not important !, go figure. THE IMD is way critical too and numbers are not lower than the ones for the THD.

Gentlemans you are losting the more important subject in the room/system reproduction: MUSIC and till you experience what I posted in this thread you just can’t understand the true outstanding quality level of your MUSIC at your place that puts you nearer to the recording and that makes that against live MUSIC the " big joke " that is the home system MUSIC reproduction can goes not so " big ".

@dave_b yes those vintage speakers as your Bozak were great. Do you remember The Voice of the Theater? There are several speakers from those times and after those times I think that one of the first speaker manufacturer that understanded the bass range issue was Infinity with its separate passive subs tower Reference model.

Now and in good shape please tell me why all of you are rigth and I could be wrong but not tell me with subjectivity words by with facts.

I don’t try to convince to any one of you, I only share a different facts and opinion.

Regards and enjoy the MUSIC NOT DISTORTIONS,
R.

Raul,
How do you dare to presume that you know what others have or have not experienced?
I don't need to say any more. You have proven your ignorance perfectly all on your own.
Dear friends: One of the best LP recording ever made and that competes with the best D2D M&K or Sheffield Labs recordings is the one that came from MoFi: The Power and the Majesty.

Side one first track The ThunderStortm is really something to " die for " if you have the rigth quality room/system. All the LP is astonishing but you need to be " there ", just outstanding and I truly mean it.

R.
Dear @ozzy62 : Obviously you are worthy of your own words. Btw, the majesty is only the MUSIC.

I can see you use tube electronics. As you I was a tube lover for over 10+ years till I learned and you need to learn. No doubt about.

R.