High quality equalizers

Considering with my hearing loss of high frequencies
ptss
I'm thinking more like a 24 band equalizer; something semi-pro or pro.... I'm paying for a more detailed hearing test today.

All those sliders and associated components are noisy and cheap.  You are far better with a parametric if you must go with an analog EQ

@akgwhiz. I  have tested and checked and made the decision to buy good hearing aids. Today bought Phonak Audeo B50- from a fellow who passed after buying them in late 2019. The package was $5000 Cdn. I bought from deceaseds brother for $600 cdn. As good an investment as I  ever made.  Still have 1.5 yr warranty and loss insurance from Phonak. Paid $500 cdn to adjyst to my ears  Beatiful !  Much better tgan buying new speakers! You find tgem in Craigslist. Okd folks are passing like flys :(  Enjoy getting ears checked. :)

I’m taking delivery tomorrow of a new Manley Massive Passive. This may be synergistic with the Purify 6.5" mid/woofers and matching Purify passive radiators in my modified Merlin VSMs. The Purify drivers deliver clean, albeit rolled off, LF into the 20hz region.  Reportedly they have ample headroom to play with.  I’ll find out how they tolerate an equalization boost of up to 20db!

A few hours into the Manley piece has me convinced.  Rich & concise and dead quiet, as a fine tubed unit must be for the studio.