Any good experience in discovering new music via TV or movie recently ?

My favorites are Micatone at Imposters’, Willie Dixon at Ginger Ale Afternoon, Meiko Kaji at Kill Bill, The Lively Ones at Pulp Fiction.....
surfmuz
David Byrns' "American Utopia" gets my vote....and fun stagecraft to go with a fun listen. *S*

For a good 'weird-out', "Colors From Space" is a slow starter that will make you feel icky about water supplies at the end....;)  Been enjoying 'Debris' on the panel.  Mulder and Scully updated and confronted with the 'wha....' *L*
Horace Tapscott on Bosch.  I queued up his stuff on Spotify and listened for 3 straight hours - fantastic.
I have to second The Queen’s Gambit. Great soundtrack for an absolutely fantastic limited series!! I’ve watched that a couple times. I personally love discovering songs or scores via movies and TV shows. The Leftovers and Euphoria are a couple of my other favorites, especially within context of the show. 
Bosch's jazz addiction is fantastic. The TV show shows him playing jazz CDs regularly including Frank Morgan and some other lesser known stuff. The Michael Connelly books include many mentions of Bosch's penchant for vinyl jazz. 
The theme by Grace Kelly is perfect for the show.

Also, +1 on David Byrne's "American Utopia". Inspiring! Cheers,
Spencer