Where does it end?

When I got back into audio in 2014, I felt extravagant paying about $1K for a Rega RP-3.

Last month I spent $4,300 on a pair of *used* speaker cables.
john_g
I don’t know where "the end" is. Not in terms of price. Not in terms of things you can do. Not even in terms of self-serving virtue-signaling posts. (Look how great I am! I can afford expensive stuff!)

I will however venture that when it gets to where you’re paying $300 for 1.5ml of goop in a test tube (that nobody knows what it is, or how it works, and they don’t even make any more anyway, yet it is the hottest thing and everyone who is anyone wants it), with a microscopic brush and surgical gloves required for application, you are still nowhere near the end. But roughly I would say maybe about halfway there. In all respects.
Hopefully, you've upgraded the table/phono stage  as much as those magic cables.

Those cables better be attached to $10K+,beautiful sounding/looking speakers. Nothing gets done without a solid amp $10K+.

Still not cooking with gas.
All that is a waste if the room isn't treated appropriately.

We haven't even tweaked yet, or used a  "proper" LP. 
Okay, you got a turntable and speaker cables.  Now you need an integrated amplifier and speakers to make it work - the end.