The Good, The Bad and the Ugly

We always talk about the great equipment we own or owned. What about the bad and the ugly?
Here are my choices and you have to have owned them! Provide links so we can see also.
My choices for terrible and ugly are The Transcriptors Vestigial Arm and the Win Labs Strain Gauge Cartridge.
https://www.google.com/search?q=transcriptors+vestigial+tonearm&rlz=1C1CHBF_enUS869US869&sou...
https://www.google.com/search?q=win+labs+cartridge&rlz=1C1CHBF_enUS869US869&source=lnms&...
The arm was a pitiful looking tinker toy which certainly did not engender pride in ownership, but worse the vertical effective mass was so low and warp wow so severe it was virtually unlistenable. I had it mounted on an LP 12.
The Win Labs was a poor tracker and was too bright in my system. I can't remember which arm I had at the time, may have been the Itoc. It was a cheesy plastic thing, glued together with adhesive oozing out of the seams. 
Both items only lasted a few months. The arm was a design failure. The cartridge needed a lot more development.
128x128mijostyn
* Adcom GFP-565 preamplifier - Circa 1992. Very veiled. replaced with a Classe 6. Hoochie Mama!
* Magnepan SMG - Circa 1986. What a stinker. Didn't know how bad it was until compared to a Conrad-Johnson Synthesis floor stander.
* A round bubble level, that can be had for $5 at Home-Depot, being sold for $50 by a premier turntable company (you know who you are).
*  Sony DVP-S9000ES SACD player - Circa 1999. Built like a Rolls-Royce but, unfortunately for me, had trouble playing SACD's. Junk.
Ya know dweller, I still use the ES series of Sony, 5400, 777, I have two more here somewhere. I had some small problems, BUT CD playback was and still it great for me.. I paid 100.00 for a 5400 (? or something).
I don't think it was ever used. LOL I cleaned it and did my door lube deal and added a IEC. CAN'T beat it.. I like Denon too for a sound CD spinner.. Easy to use.. Lots of options for a pro unit..

Regards
Hands down SAE integrated amp all solid state. When I received it the volume and balance buttons were reversed had to send back at my expense to be replaced. Over time small issues turned to big issues. Dropped off at local repair shop he informed my the entire unit was cold soldering on all connections. He redid all the solder connection and it worked for about 10 years after. He also told me he would never do this again for anyone. One day I pushed the on switch to only hear a pop an no power. I did not even look at it just carried out to trash can and never looked back!