members and their systems

for the short time I have been on here, I see that members will start a thread asking about a certain piece of equipment or speakers..       they will then buy that piece of equipment / speakers, start a thread about it saying how good it is and then next thing you know, they are starting another thread asking about another piece of gear as they are looking for something different.           what happened to that piece of gear that was so great ?       
  i get the whole buying thing....but where are members getting the money to do all of this stuff ?       do they not have other bills such as rent / mortgage payment, car payment, other bills to pay for also ?
birdscantrow
Buy used. People will think you’re rich. I wouldn’t even tell my friends how much my used gear is. They would think I’m nuts. My family and I don’t eat out. I quit golf. Have a house below my means and I quit yayo
when I was 21. Now, I’ve got my youngest who plays hockey( money suck) and oldest in college. I might sell it all and I won’t care. I’ll still love music and will always appreciate great systems. 
Post removed 
Two thoughts here. A system that is plain enjoyable to listen to and an all out assault on an audio system.  My friend goes to estate sales and picks up great older gear for very cheap.  For example, Harmon Kardon XX series preamp and matching power amp with original boxes, etc.  $200.  That amp is one of the best SS amps I have ever heard.  Plenty of speakers also - B&Ws, Kef, Infinite Slope, IMF the big suckers.  He also build a system around an old tube integrated amp that was so beautiful sounding.  Audiophile - no but so enjoyable well YES.

My way was to learn how to improve the sound of any component with better parts. Capacitors, resistors, AC filter chokes, etc.  You can purchase older components that were at one time considered state of the art and upgrade them if you want to learn how to do that.  Then you need to learn how to build your own components.  You cannot buy the sound from a component that you can learn to build on your own.

Even though I have the money to purchase anything I want, I cannot buy what I can build.  You can also learn to build your own net worth through various investment strategies and become financially independent.  It can be done!

Happy Listening.
what happened to that piece of gear that was so great ? —- i still have it, maybe i moved it to a second system, perhaps i sold it.

i get the whole buying thing....but where are members getting the money to do all of this stuff ?  — i own NewYorkSubHP.com a sandwich shop in dallas Texas. We are a New York style deli that uses all local texas meats that are cured/smoked/roasted in house. Its a true mom and pop and we work our butts off every day. 
do they not have other bills such as rent / mortgage payment, car payment, other bills to pay for also ?

-yes, i have all kinds of bills to pay.