Totem speakers and others that I should consider?

I've liked the Totem speakers for a while, they image very nicely, and while somewhat laid back, not too much so...

I'm looking to put together a new system (starting from scratch), and was thinking about the Totem line (Forests, at first). I listened to Totem at RMAF, and was very impressed with the new Element line, so that has me thinking of those instead. They are a bit more forward compared to the older speakers, but not terribly so, and I think they will not be fatiguing to listen to long-term. I'll have to do a bit more listening to be sure of that.

They image better, and the bass is very deep and controlled.

Anyway, I was thinking about the Totems Fire or Earth speakers (probably the Fire), and I was wondering what other speakers people feel will match up favorably to the Fire? They must be similarly priced, and ultimately similar in size or form-factor (I don't want large cabinets).

My exposure to speakers in the last decade is somewhat limited, but I have heard Sonus Faber, and while I find them very musical, I don't think they match up at the price point, but I don't think I've heard the most recent models.

Recommendations for other speakers I should audition in the $6000 dollar range are appreciated.

---Michael
mjm6
Check out the Tekton Lore or Pendragon. I have heard very favourable things. Prices are far below your budget as they sell direct.
The Tekton OB Sigma apoparently casts a wide soundstage and goes for $5K. Very non-fatiguing.

I have not heard them, but spoke with people who have as well as the designer. I like his philosophy, but as I am in Europe, its hard to get personal experience with those speakers.
I built my HT around Totem speakers. I started off with Forests but moved to Winds and the Shamans. I have not listened to their new line so I can't compare the sound but with the Winds you will get better sound sage and dept and bass way more than the forests. Beside having a good amp the most important item you should have is a good DAC
believe me when I tell you they are a totally different
speaker when using a sound that come out is amazing.
The DAC I am talking about is MSB Tech. if you email me I can fill you in